Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A question on the number of turrets and guns

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> A question on the number of turrets and guns Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A question on the number of turrets and guns - 7/6/2020 10:21:11 AM   
Cavalry Corp

I have been working on a mod for some time now and I just noticed something.

You will see in the pictures below that the number of turret sometimes does not correspond to the historical quantity but other times it does.

In addition I have a problem with the Yahagi class as adapted in RA , for some reason even though in the editor at the turrets are facing forwards when you open the scenario or my opponent opens the scenario it says one of the turrets is on the right hand side.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: A question on the number of turrets and guns - 7/6/2020 10:23:23 AM   
Cavalry Corp

I hope you see what I mean the King George V class has four turrets of four guns surely it should have one turret of four guns front and one turret of two guns front or am I missing something. There are many ships that are similar so I have not changed anything.

Attached is the picture problem with Yahagi. This ship only has forward facing turrets but in this scenario it says its right side there is only one version of the ship in this game.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by cavalry -- 7/6/2020 10:24:21 AM >

(in reply to Cavalry Corp)
Post #: 2
RE: A question on the number of turrets and guns - 7/6/2020 10:28:28 AM   
Cavalry Corp

Yahagi in game picture

Attachment (1)

Post #: 3
RE: A question on the number of turrets and guns - 7/6/2020 10:50:47 AM   
Evoken

quote:

ORIGINAL: cavalry

I hope you see what I mean the King George V class has four turrets of four guns surely it should have one turret of four guns front and one turret of two guns front or am I missing something. There are many ships that are similar so I have not changed anything.

Attached is the picture problem with Yahagi. This ship only has forward facing turrets but in this scenario it says its right side there is only one version of the ship in this game.

The Turrets tab in the editor is named a bit backwards its the number of barrels in 1 turret.If you look at other ships like North Carolina or Iowa class you will see they have 6 front guns in 3 barrel turrets.

For your Agano question , looks like modder either missed ship doesnt have a turret in the back in the Art file or didnt bother with correcting art

Post #: 4
RE: A question on the number of turrets and guns - 7/6/2020 11:13:26 AM   
Cavalry Corp

ok thanks and therefore each weapon type become the turret - ok I see.

as regards the Yahagi the art is correct its a modified Oyodo. The problem is that I have the turrets facing forwards in the editor but in the display picture ( not art) in game it says they are on one side? That is the problem. There is no rear turret at all - thanks for your help.

(in reply to Evoken)
Post #: 5
RE: A question on the number of turrets and guns - 7/6/2020 12:04:26 PM   
Cavalry Corp

I think I have found this problem. I thought that a ship class would indicate that all ships of that class would have the armaments arranged as per the class screen. It appears not. Individual ships can have their own settings for weapon location. I can fix this now but it seems a bit odd.

Post #: 6
RE: A question on the number of turrets and guns - 7/23/2020 9:19:09 AM   
inqistor

quote:

ORIGINAL: cavalry

I think I have found this problem. I thought that a ship class would indicate that all ships of that class would have the armaments arranged as per the class screen. It appears not. Individual ships can have their own settings for weapon location. I can fix this now but it seems a bit odd.

There was probably error earlier in class. When you fix it, you have to manually change already existing ships, or they will only update during first repair in port. There was such issue with Dutch Submarines when game went out.

Post #: 7
RE: A question on the number of turrets and guns - 7/23/2020 10:55:53 AM   
Cavalry Corp

Yes you are correct I have found that if you change the ship class it does not change the ships if they are already existing. You have to change them yourself. Thank you for your help.

(in reply to inqistor)
Post #: 8
RE: A question on the number of turrets and guns - 7/23/2020 9:31:38 PM   
inqistor

There is button to do it quickly, but setting is kinda complicated. If you are at Ship Tab in editor you can see Set Ships in Tool at the upper menu. Then you can update weapons setting. IIRC there is something similar for planes.

Or you can just quickly change class of ship back, and forth once, and it will update.

< Message edited by inqistor -- 7/23/2020 9:32:34 PM >

Post #: 9
RE: A question on the number of turrets and guns - 7/24/2020 10:25:36 AM   
Cavalry Corp

OK and thanks - I only found a couple of ships with this problem so its ok.

(in reply to inqistor)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> A question on the number of turrets and guns Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI