Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Logistics view numbers hard to read

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Logistics view numbers hard to read Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Logistics view numbers hard to read - 7/6/2020 7:28:32 AM   
MtnPatriot

I understand the different logistic modes now, but often the numbers are hard to read. It may be different on different planets/terrain (my experience is limited to rather lush Siwa), but Used Pts in white is easiest to read so far. Current Pts in green is a bit rough in forests, but the worst are Initial, Bottleneck and Preview Pts/%, rendered in grey. It's particularly frustrating for me in Preview mode when checking external assets.
The white of Used Pts has been the easiest to read so far for me, bit even then it's often overlapping a similarly white logistics line. Seems like contrasting stats/log lines would be better, though I'm not sure of the best solution of colors is to cover all the specific terrains/assets.
At any rate, I think it could be improved for easier visibility.
Loving the game as a whole, thanks for all your work, Vic!
Post #: 1
RE: Logistics view numbers hard to read - 7/6/2020 2:51:16 PM   
zgrssd

The game also needs a bit more contrast with some Border Colors, depending on terain.

Usually adding a border in a different color fixes the issue. If you can not see the color, you can always see the border.

(in reply to MtnPatriot)
Post #: 2
RE: Logistics view numbers hard to read - 7/6/2020 7:01:35 PM   
Malevolence

quote:

ORIGINAL: zgrssd

Usually adding a border in a different color fixes the issue. If you can not see the color, you can always see the border.

Is that possible now? I had no idea you could change border colors, how do you do that?

< Message edited by Malevolence -- 7/6/2020 7:02:05 PM >

Nicht kleckern, sondern klotzen!

*Please remember all posts are made by a malevolent, autocratic despot whose rule is marked by unjust severity and arbitrary behavior. Your experiences may vary.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 3
RE: Logistics view numbers hard to read - 7/6/2020 10:35:56 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Malevolence

quote:

ORIGINAL: zgrssd

Is that possible now? I had no idea you could change border colors, how do you do that?

No, it is not possible. At least not to my knowledge, you would have to ask in the Graphics modding forum.

I mean as a change to the game, add a border around the Digits/Letters/Border Dots.
Seeing a "white digit" on a snow white background is hard.
Seeing a "white digit with black border" on a white background, is a lot less hard.

< Message edited by zgrssd -- 7/6/2020 10:36:27 PM >

(in reply to Malevolence)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Logistics view numbers hard to read Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI