Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Zone overview?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Zone overview? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Zone overview? - 7/5/2020 2:31:19 AM   
76mm

Is there somewhere in the interface that I'm missing that allows me to see a summary of all of my zones, with facts such as pop and worker happiness, population, unrest, if something is under construction there, etc?

I don't mind clicking on each city in the early stages of the game, but by now I've probably got 20 zones and it is getting a bit tedious to click on all of them every turn to see what is going on there...
Post #: 1
RE: Zone overview? - 7/5/2020 3:18:06 AM   
Malevolence

In terms of comparison or just about a specific zone?

There is the section in Reports > Zones > (name of zone) that provides a text report about the zone.

I don't think I have seen a spreadsheet to compare zone data.

There are graphs for the zones that compare in Stats.

< Message edited by Malevolence -- 7/5/2020 3:27:31 AM >

Nicht kleckern, sondern klotzen!

*Please remember all posts are made by a malevolent, autocratic despot whose rule is marked by unjust severity and arbitrary behavior. Your experiences may vary.

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 2
RE: Zone overview? - 7/5/2020 3:25:47 AM   
76mm

I'd like to see one page with a summary of data for all of my zones, ideally customizable to some extent. I don't find this business of clicking around twenty cities every turn to check what's going on especially rewarding. For instance, it would be helpful if one page showed all the key info for a zone, such as whether something was under construction in the zone (if not, time to start building something), number of QoL assets present in the city, levels of unrest, pop happiness, worker happiness, loyalty.

< Message edited by 76mm -- 7/5/2020 3:26:48 AM >

(in reply to Malevolence)
Post #: 3
RE: Zone overview? - 7/5/2020 3:32:48 AM   
Malevolence

I think someone else would make an argument in support of the Urgent Issues report. I, however, find that report underwhelming for zones as well.

Game reviewers and streamers have made so many jokes about spreadsheet data that designers treat them like kryptonite now. (I can play Aurora 4X, so your experiences may vary--I just think as a starfire clone, Aurora focuses too much on equipment)

This design seems to embrace them in other areas and I really like the text reports too.

The MTG > Leaders report is a fine exemplar for such a report to roll up zones in a view. My only complaint is that other parts of the interface, like models, don't allow you to pick the column fields like that specific leader report allows.

< Message edited by Malevolence -- 7/5/2020 4:16:32 AM >

Nicht kleckern, sondern klotzen!

*Please remember all posts are made by a malevolent, autocratic despot whose rule is marked by unjust severity and arbitrary behavior. Your experiences may vary.

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 4
RE: Zone overview? - 7/5/2020 1:02:10 PM   
76mm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Malevolence
Game reviewers and streamers have made so many jokes about spreadsheet data that designers treat them like kryptonite now.

Honestly kind of a strange reaction, since these games are very difficult play without them.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Malevolence
The MTG > Leaders report is a fine exemplar for such a report to roll up zones in a view.

Agreed, the leaders report is very useful, this is what I would like to see for zones.

(in reply to Malevolence)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Zone overview? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI