Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Unable to design model for light tank

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> Unable to design model for light tank Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unable to design model for light tank - 7/4/2020 9:50:58 PM   

Using build 1.04 (no betas):

Currently on turn 41. Many turns ago received notification of discovery of "Light Tank". On all the turns since, under "Mnt" and "Type" Light Tank is in green with an asterisk. Tool tip says that the model type has been discovered, but have not designed any models yet. Under "Mnt" and "Models" tanks are not even listed on the left side with the other designs; (e.g. - infantry, buggies, etc.)

Several times I've tried to design a model. No first page options between building new or upgrading existing model. First page to appear is the specs page to start designing. Go through the specs and the director says "O.K., we're working on it." Seems each time I tried, the BP increases - up to 1600 now. I've already upgraded the truck twice - up to heavy diesel engine now. On my tank specs, I'm middle of the road on gun, armor, and engine.

All other models seem to be working fine. I fear that I may be overlooking something obvious. Does it need to be "researched" after discovery? (Been a long time since discovery). Is there a prerequisite that I don't have yet? Any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Post #: 1
RE: Unable to design model for light tank - 7/4/2020 10:58:25 PM   
zgrssd

The process is 5 steps:
1. You unlock the tech, if nesssary
2. The Model Council Discovers the Model
3. The Model Council makes a actuall Model
4. (Opütional) Staff council finds a number of OOB's for that model
5. You Raise formations with that model.

Tanks afaik skip 1, but have a chain of step 2.

< Message edited by zgrssd -- 7/4/2020 10:59:32 PM >

(in reply to 77754)
Post #: 2
RE: Unable to design model for light tank - 7/5/2020 8:10:52 AM   
Tomn

quote:

ORIGINAL: 77754

Using build 1.04 (no betas):

Currently on turn 41. Many turns ago received notification of discovery of "Light Tank". On all the turns since, under "Mnt" and "Type" Light Tank is in green with an asterisk. Tool tip says that the model type has been discovered, but have not designed any models yet. Under "Mnt" and "Models" tanks are not even listed on the left side with the other designs; (e.g. - infantry, buggies, etc.)

Several times I've tried to design a model. No first page options between building new or upgrading existing model. First page to appear is the specs page to start designing. Go through the specs and the director says "O.K., we're working on it." Seems each time I tried, the BP increases - up to 1600 now. I've already upgraded the truck twice - up to heavy diesel engine now. On my tank specs, I'm middle of the road on gun, armor, and engine.

All other models seem to be working fine. I fear that I may be overlooking something obvious. Does it need to be "researched" after discovery? (Been a long time since discovery). Is there a prerequisite that I don't have yet? Any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

I'm having a little trouble working out what your problem is exactly. Can you not raise a formation including tanks, even independent battalions? The models you've designed don't show up under "Light Armor" in the Model tab? The model design doesn't seem to allow you to iterate on already-developed models? Certainly SOMETHING weird is going on if it costs 1600 to design a new tank, and might very well be a bug. You're getting the "Yes sir, we're focusing on developing a new model of light tank" dialogue and later on you get an announcement saying that a new model has been developed and you still can't build the thing?

(in reply to 77754)
Post #: 3
RE: Unable to design model for light tank - 7/5/2020 5:32:10 PM   

Thanks for your responses zgrssd and Tomn.

Cannot raise any type of formation that includes tanks. "Light Armor" does not appear under "Models". Only in the "Type" page does light tank appear, with the asterisk. As I said, when attempting to design a new model, the usual first screen is not there regarding "New" or "Build Upon". The 3 times or so that I tried, the BP costs keep increasing; currently at 1600.

To be clear the director is saying we're focusing; I have not received an announcement indicating that a new model has actually been developed. It seems that I'm missing step 3 above in zgrssd's response. Maybe I'm jumping the gun here, but the notice of discovering the light tank has to be 15-20 turns ago. Perhaps a bug; perhaps I need to wait longer for the model to be designed. A bummer for sure but maybe more play into the game will resolve the situation.

(in reply to Tomn)
Post #: 4
RE: Unable to design model for light tank - 7/5/2020 5:34:41 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: 77754

Thanks for your responses zgrssd and Tomn.

Cannot raise any type of formation that includes tanks. "Light Armor" does not appear under "Models". Only in the "Type" page does light tank appear, with the asterisk. As I said, when attempting to design a new model, the usual first screen is not there regarding "New" or "Build Upon". The 3 times or so that I tried, the BP costs keep increasing; currently at 1600.

To be clear the director is saying we're focusing; I have not received an announcement indicating that a new model has actually been developed. It seems that I'm missing step 3 above in zgrssd's response. Maybe I'm jumping the gun here, but the notice of discovering the light tank has to be 15-20 turns ago. Perhaps a bug; perhaps I need to wait longer for the model to be designed. A bummer for sure but maybe more play into the game will resolve the situation.

Are you running 1.04? What you describe sounsd like the bug we had, when the development of a model was canceled resulting in broken/ghost Designs.
1.04 fixed it.

< Message edited by zgrssd -- 7/5/2020 5:35:05 PM >

(in reply to 77754)
Post #: 5
RE: Unable to design model for light tank - 7/6/2020 9:19:08 AM   
Vic

Sounds indeed like an old version. If not the case please let us know.

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 6
RE: Unable to design model for light tank - 7/6/2020 7:15:22 PM   

I am currently running version 1.04, before any of the 1.04 beta versions.

This is my second game with 1.04. I stopped the first game due to the same problem; in that case it was "Mechanized Artillery". Now the same issue in the second game. I believe "Two Tribes" had a similar issue mentioned a couple of pages back; he did not elaborate much about it. It is enough of a problem to hamper some decision making; i.e. you may not be able to employ your full offensive arsenal.

I am curious as to why more are not reporting this. According to "zgrssd", this was supposedly fixed for 1.04. Perhaps my 1.04 version is corrupt? I just manually installed the 1.04 patch over my previous version.

Vic, I hope this is something you can find or quash. If need be, I will forward my save game if desired.

Thank you for this cerebral exercise labelled "Shadow Empire".

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 7
RE: Unable to design model for light tank - 7/7/2020 7:27:48 AM   
Vic

I'll take a look. Send a save game to vic@vrdesigns.net including a link to this forum thread please.

best wishes,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to 77754)
Post #: 8
RE: Unable to design model for light tank - 7/9/2020 3:15:59 PM   
Vic

Thanks!

You did find me help a glitch.

probably you re-ordered the tank design quite often (3-4 times if i am correct)

bug was that this increased the cost.

will fix this for next beta-6

with the fix the cost goes down to 160 BP and it works afterwards as intended.

best,

Vic

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 9
RE: Unable to design model for light tank - 7/9/2020 8:25:34 PM   

Thanks for your digging Vic. I just didn't feel comfortable continuing my game when I knew something wasn't WAI.

(in reply to 77754)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> Unable to design model for light tank Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI