Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

1.00.072: Possible to damage more production than available

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> 1.00.072: Possible to damage more production than available Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1.00.072: Possible to damage more production than avail... - 7/3/2020 9:37:09 PM   
ncc1701e

Seems there is a problem with Strategic Bombing. In the lower right corner, I have damaged 8 production points with Strategic Bombing whereas there are only 6 production points available in Paris.

I am playing 1.00.072 official patch.

Attachment (1)

Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.
Post #: 1
RE: 1.00.072: Possible to damage more production than a... - 7/4/2020 12:39:09 AM   
AlvaroSousa

No it isn't. I'll check tha tout though.

Games worked on

Designer of the Strategic Command 2 products
- Brute Force (mod)
- Assault on Communism
- Assault on Democracy

Designer of the Strategic Command 3 products
- Map Image Importer

(in reply to ncc1701e)
Post #: 2
RE: 1.00.072: Possible to damage more production than a... - 7/4/2020 11:09:56 AM   
sillyflower

Shame on you,Monsieur!

Paris has 20PPs. If you knock out 8, that leaves 12, of which Germans get 1/3rd ie 4.
At least, that's how I've always assumed it works, which is why I've never done strategic bombing of occupied countries

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by sillyflower -- 7/4/2020 11:16:56 AM >

web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?

(in reply to AlvaroSousa)
Post #: 3
RE: 1.00.072: Possible to damage more production than a... - 7/4/2020 3:57:33 PM   
Harrybanana

quote:

ORIGINAL: sillyflower

Shame on you,Monsieur!

Paris has 20PPs. If you knock out 8, that leaves 12, of which Germans get 1/3rd ie 4.
At least, that's how I've always assumed it works, which is why I've never done strategic bombing of occupied countries

I don't think that is the way it works. You are correct that Paris has 20 PPs and on conquest the Axis can use 6; being 1/3rd as you say. But I think any bombing damage is applied to these 6PPs and not the 20. But I stand to be corrected by Alvaro. In one of my games my opponent started his strategic bombing campaign in 1942 by bombing the production in France and Belgium to dust. I assume he did so because I have no AA there (it is all in Germany) and to gain experience as much as he did to reduce my production. Having said that, in 1943 he switched to bombing the Ruhr and other locations in Germany and northern Italy. Despite my having high levels of AA and interceptors he has reduced the Ruhr to dust as well. So I think there is some merit to bombing occupied countries.

(in reply to sillyflower)
Post #: 4
RE: 1.00.072: Possible to damage more production than a... - 7/4/2020 5:18:42 PM   
AlvaroSousa

He is still taking a greater PP loss ratio for his actions though. Especially when you put AA and an air sup.

Then if he does it every turn effectiveness goes down.

Games worked on

- Brute Force (mod)
- Assault on Communism
- Assault on Democracy

- Map Image Importer

(in reply to Harrybanana)
Post #: 5
RE: 1.00.072: Possible to damage more production than a... - 7/5/2020 3:10:56 PM   
ncc1701e

So, I am confused. What are the expected numbers to display? 6 PP or 20 PP?

Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.

Post #: 6
RE: 1.00.072: Possible to damage more production than a... - 7/5/2020 5:50:17 PM   
Harrybanana

I believe the 6 is correct as this is how much production the Germans receive from Paris. In my opinion the 8 is the bug. You should not be able to destroy more production than you are getting.

(in reply to ncc1701e)
Post #: 7
RE: 1.00.072: Possible to damage more production than a... - 7/5/2020 6:00:34 PM   
Harrybanana

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alvaro Sousa

He is still taking a greater PP loss ratio for his actions though. Especially when you put AA and an air sup.

Then if he does it every turn effectiveness goes down.

I don't understand what you are saying here. Are you saying that it is possible to destroy more production (ie 8) than is actually being received (ie 6); but that this can be countered by placing AA in the hex and interceptors in range? And what do you mean when you say that "he" is taking a greater PP loss ratio for his actions? In my experience a player never takes any losses when bombing a hex if there are no AA in the hex or interceptors in range.

Post #: 8
RE: 1.00.072: Possible to damage more production than a... - 7/5/2020 10:45:30 PM   
AlvaroSousa

I'm saying it is more expensive to bomb you strategically than you to defend for the Allies.

But if the Allies decide to build just 2-3 strat bombers now Germany has to buy AA which also costs money.

Overall though it will cost more to the Allies in the end but they can afford it.

For example I will gladly trade 1 naval group for 1 naval group with the Italians till everyone dies. Because the Italians will run out of fleets before I will. In the Allies case they hold generally a ratio of 2:1 in production. They can afford to trade 5 production points to kill 2 German ones.

Games worked on

- Brute Force (mod)
- Assault on Communism
- Assault on Democracy

- Map Image Importer

Post #: 9
RE: 1.00.072: Possible to damage more production than a... - 7/6/2020 4:34:13 AM   
Harrybanana

I don't disagree with that at all.

But what nc1701e (great name by the way) is saying is that when bombing captured Production (like Paris in his example above) it is possible to do more damage than there is production in the first place. So is this a bug or WAD?

I think nc1701e is playing the Allies by the way, so good of him to point this out.

Post #: 10
RE: 1.00.072: Possible to damage more production than a... - 7/6/2020 3:16:37 PM   
AlvaroSousa

No it is just a formatting issue. I'll take a look. I very likely need to round it down so it doesn't pop over.

Games worked on

- Brute Force (mod)
- Assault on Communism
- Assault on Democracy

- Map Image Importer

Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> 1.00.072: Possible to damage more production than available Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI