Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Numbers that Correlate to Winning

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Numbers that Correlate to Winning Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Numbers that Correlate to Winning - 7/2/2020 1:28:52 AM   
eddieballgame

I get that this game recognizes the 'Populace %' & 'Planet %' as the main numbers to determine a victor based on the amount of.
I was wondering what other numbers are as important as these 2 in determining how well one is progressing, such as 'QoL' & all the numbers that appear in that block as well as the 'Empire Dashboard' report.

In other words, would it be better to include all of these 'numbers' to determine a victor (via some formula) as opposed to just the original 2?
After all, it does give a more vivid picture of one's...strengths & weaknesses.
With all the data at one's fingertips per how well one is doing or not, it is shame that the 'Victor Score' is based on just 2 categories.

Yes, I know that everything affects everything else; but I feel this great game deserves a bit more...meat in the 'Victory Score' department.

Playing vs a friend per a 'lastplanetgenerated' file, we are of the opinion that all/some of the numbers could/should be a viable way to determine a victor in the event that a game does not end per the established game's method.

< Message edited by eddieballgame -- 7/2/2020 2:17:10 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Numbers that Correlate to Winning - 7/2/2020 3:12:31 AM   
lloydster4

The current system is functional for competing with the AI, but I can see it being a bit bland for comparing human opponents.

With rare exception, all victories are conquest victories. In that context, I appreciate the current victory score. Essentially, its only function is to stop the game when total conquest becomes inevitable.

(in reply to eddieballgame)
Post #: 2
RE: Numbers that Correlate to Winning - 7/2/2020 3:27:26 AM   
diamondspider

Pushing for a high population avoids too much emphasis on a conquest victory. That is something I like. That's not to say that peace is a real option usually, it just means that you don't have to kill everyone else to win, or even come close to having done so.

< Message edited by diamondspider -- 7/2/2020 3:28:17 AM >

(in reply to lloydster4)
Post #: 3
RE: Numbers that Correlate to Winning - 7/2/2020 3:28:04 AM   
eddieballgame

quote:

ORIGINAL: lloydster4

The current system is functional for competing with the AI, but I can see it being a bit bland for comparing human opponents.

With rare exception, all victories are conquest victories. In that context, I appreciate the current victory score. Essentially, its only function is to stop the game when total conquest becomes inevitable.

Bland is a good word.
I consider it very simplistic considering the amount of content the game offers.

(in reply to lloydster4)
Post #: 4
RE: Numbers that Correlate to Winning - 7/2/2020 7:17:19 AM   
eddieballgame

quote:

ORIGINAL: eddieballgame

quote:

ORIGINAL: lloydster4

Bland is a good word.
I consider it very simplistic considering the amount of content the game offers to gauge one's progress, or lack there of.

Playing 'tall' is not a winning game option but still fun as I like to see how many friendly neighbors (Majors & Minors) I can maintain while developing my empire for conquering later down the road...if time allows for it.

< Message edited by eddieballgame -- 7/2/2020 7:23:25 AM >

Post #: 5
RE: Numbers that Correlate to Winning - 7/2/2020 2:02:31 PM   
zgrssd

There are some interesting Stratagems. Like the one Meritocracy for Secret Service wich basically allows you to steal population from a enemy.
Atracting Free Folk should also help you buff that number.

As long as you got the 50% Land (wich should be doable), you can get the population other ways.

Post #: 6
RE: Numbers that Correlate to Winning - 7/2/2020 3:27:34 PM   
GodwinW

quote:

ORIGINAL: eddieballgame

I get that this game recognizes the 'Populace %' & 'Planet %' as the main numbers to determine a victor based on the amount of.
I was wondering what other numbers are as important as these 2 in determining how well one is progressing, such as 'QoL' & all the numbers that appear in that block as well as the 'Empire Dashboard' report.

Well I have found that for example making a Friendship Pact with a major at 24 points gave that Major 3 victory points next turn (I had 49) that he really wouldn't get without (tried both ways, due to a bug).
It also gave me 2 or so I think, not sure. Maybe less.

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Numbers that Correlate to Winning Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI