Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Suggestions needed for increasing map symbol visibility

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Suggestions needed for increasing map symbol visibility Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Suggestions needed for increasing map symbol visibility - 7/1/2020 4:53:55 AM   
von Beanie

I've got a WITP-AE standard scenario 2 game in progress. My eyesight is very slowly failing over time and I'm having some trouble finding the red Japanese ships in the giant dark blue ocean (especially using the normal map view). My workaround is to use the strategic view where I can see the ship symbols a bit better and then switch to the regular map view.

Is there a scenario 2 map mod where the ocean is much lighter in color so that I can see the red ships better? All of the geography must match the standard scenario 2 map (except for the colors).

Is there a simple way I can change the Japanese ship colors to something different (like pink or bright yellow) so the contrast is better on the dark blue ocean?

I believe either solution would resolve my main problem, but I don't want to risk messing up the ongoing PBEM game.

Thank you in advance for your advice.
Post #: 1
RE: Suggestions needed for increasing map symbol visibi... - 7/1/2020 5:22:21 AM   
Shellshock

Well, I suppose you could substitute Japan's icon file with that of China. That would give you yellow icons on the map. Of course you'd have to switch their respective national flags too, How handy are you with graphic programs?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to von Beanie)
Post #: 2
RE: Suggestions needed for increasing map symbol visibi... - 7/1/2020 5:32:10 AM   
Shellshock

I think another and better option would be to use Chemkid's excellent map mod where the ocean blue isn't as dark as in the original map art.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Shellshock -- 7/1/2020 5:41:46 AM >

(in reply to Shellshock)
Post #: 3
RE: Suggestions needed for increasing map symbol visibi... - 7/1/2020 10:14:02 AM   
Trugrit

Windows 10 has a magnifier option.It has been updated, so it is much better than before.
You can lens Zoom up to 400%

It has a lens feature.

You can toggle it with Windows Key and + Key.

There are help videos on the net on how to use it.

For it I recommend you run the game in window mode.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to von Beanie)
Post #: 4
RE: Suggestions needed for increasing map symbol visibi... - 7/1/2020 11:14:18 AM   
Ian R

You can also change the colours of the unit icons ('tiles') in the footer area; that is easier than changing the map icons, you just rename some art files. However, the yellow aircraft icon set doesn't exactly match IJ aircraft types, etc.

"You may find that having is not so nearly pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
- Cdr Spock

Ian R

(in reply to Trugrit)
Post #: 5
RE: Suggestions needed for increasing map symbol visibi... - 7/1/2020 12:25:06 PM   
geofflambert

You may have to turn that magnifier on in Settings - Ease of Access.

Currently fighting for the Emperor against AW1Steve. As of 8/21 it is 8/45.

(in reply to Ian R)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Suggestions needed for increasing map symbol visibility Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI