Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Eddy's DIRT ROAD redo

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Graphic Mods >> Eddy's DIRT ROAD redo Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Eddy's DIRT ROAD redo - 6/30/2020 9:12:11 AM   
eddyvegas

Hello again. It bugs me that dirt roads blend in so much, they are hard to see. So I did something about that.

No pics. This is for people like me that want to see dirt roads better. You will get that.

However I decided to go artistic on Level 1, since you are reasonably close to something that is supposed to be a road. I added noise to create a random texture, more contrast to bring out the sides of the road, then darkened it a bit to get more dirt into it. I know that sounds like a lot, but you will probably not notice much, except the dirt roads stand out a bit more.

For levels 2 and 3 I just made them brighter. No art involved. I just need to see the roads better.

I absolutely didn't change anything else since Sealed Road lays on top of dirt and I have no problem seeing that at any level.

Ditto for rail next to dirt road. the dirt road goes back to the old version, but again, I don't care, I see my transport network clearly at any level.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/hw01ta629guglog/Eddy%2527s_DIRT_ROAD_redo.zip/file
Post #: 1
RE: Eddy's DIRT ROAD redo - 6/30/2020 9:37:56 PM   
PyrrhicDefeat

Please post a picture. It would be much easier for you to post one picture than have everyone download and install just to see what it looks like and decide if it is wanted. Thanks.

(in reply to eddyvegas)
Post #: 2
RE: Eddy's DIRT ROAD redo - 7/1/2020 4:27:20 AM   
eddyvegas

It is wanted if one has difficulty distinguishing the dirt roads clearly at different zoom levels. As I said above.

Have some confidence in me. I have 3 graphic mods on this forum and 103 hits on this specific topic. I don't see the torches and pitchforks yet.

And I explain how to make backups in the readme.

< Message edited by eddyvegas -- 7/1/2020 4:29:46 AM >

(in reply to PyrrhicDefeat)
Post #: 3
RE: Eddy's DIRT ROAD redo - 7/1/2020 11:05:15 AM   
Nsf665

quote:

ORIGINAL: eddyvegas

Have some confidence in me. I have 3 graphic mods on this forum and 103 hits on this specific topic. I don't see the torches and pitchforks yet.

I think Pyrrhic was asking for picture because, there are already 2 mods for roads.
It makes sense to see what you want to download and I dont think it has anything to do with confidence.

I downloaded it and made quick comparison (in 1st zoom)

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Nsf665 -- 7/1/2020 11:06:27 AM >

(in reply to eddyvegas)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Graphic Mods >> Eddy's DIRT ROAD redo Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI