Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What's the State of John Tiller's Squad Battles Series?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> What's the State of John Tiller's Squad Battles Series? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What's the State of John Tiller's Squad Battles Series? - 6/28/2020 2:22:05 PM   
Freigeist83

How do you see the current state of John Tiller's Squad Battles Series?

Are you actively playing it or plan to purchase more titles?

Or have you moved on to other games?
Post #: 1
RE: What's the State of John Tiller's Squad Battles Ser... - 6/28/2020 6:17:27 PM   
Blond_Knight

About six months ago I bought Eagles Strike and Red Victory. A couple months before that they released the map editor for all the SB games, updated the artwork, and made a few rules changes.
I modded both games so that the weapons dont lose their effectiveness, since most games are shorter than a supply shortage would normally become apparent.

BTW all non-new releases are going on sale on the JTS site starting 7/1.

(in reply to Freigeist83)
Post #: 2
RE: What's the State of John Tiller's Squad Battles Ser... - 6/28/2020 7:04:09 PM   
Simulacra53

Squad Battles is not getting the same level of JTS / WDS attention as the other series.
I believe the main / only development is community driven by a single guy and he’s really doing his best to keep the series alive.

JTS / WDS should actually give SB the same gold level and beyond treatment as the series is more accessible than the operational games and could introduce new players to the JTS brand.

But that’s just MY opinion - you know what they say about those - and not meant as criticism.

(in reply to Freigeist83)
Post #: 3
RE: What's the State of John Tiller's Squad Battles Ser... - 6/28/2020 7:10:43 PM   
RangerJoe

I disagree. It is criticism but constructive criticism and not destructive criticism.

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to Simulacra53)
Post #: 4
RE: What's the State of John Tiller's Squad Battles Ser... - 6/28/2020 7:11:44 PM   
Simulacra53

...again, I have to emphasize the amount of development that went into to other series during the last few years, which JTS offered for free to everyone with a valid serial. Not a few companies would try to sell such upgrades as DLC or v2.0 and v3.0 games. Some like Modern Campaigns Gold update were a complete surprise.

The latest updates introduced with Waterloo and Scheldt 44 will also be applied to other Campaign games.

Post #: 5
RE: What's the State of John Tiller's Squad Battles Ser... - 6/28/2020 7:16:49 PM   
Simulacra53

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

I disagree. It is criticism but constructive criticism and not destructive criticism.

You are right.
Normally I don’t care if I break some eggs, but l just have a weak spot for JTS and WDS.

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 6
RE: What's the State of John Tiller's Squad Battles Ser... - 6/29/2020 11:34:10 PM   
gamer78

I like both designs and scenario notes of Ed 'Volcano man' in France'14 and Squad Battles - First World War. Scenario notes were quite informative.

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> What's the State of John Tiller's Squad Battles Series? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI