Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Are other forces cheating?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Are other forces cheating? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Are other forces cheating? - 6/27/2020 9:03:38 PM   
dustek

I am wondering if the AI actually has any logistical limitations except when blatantly surrounded? Are the same massively difficult mechanisms concerning unit logistics and production actually affecting them? Because they seem able to spawn units without much difficulty, free folks definitely don't have any logistics.
Post #: 1
RE: Are other forces cheating? - 6/27/2020 9:31:58 PM   
Twotribes

Majors dont need to build truck stops and get free roads but have to trace supply, Minors also trace supply if they have a city.

(in reply to dustek)
Post #: 2
RE: Are other forces cheating? - 6/27/2020 11:01:03 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: dustek

I am wondering if the AI actually has any logistical limitations except when blatantly surrounded? Are the same massively difficult mechanisms concerning unit logistics and production actually affecting them? Because they seem able to spawn units without much difficulty, free folks definitely don't have any logistics.

Manual, 5.18. AI Rule Differences

This stuff is not exactly a secret.

(in reply to dustek)
Post #: 3
RE: Are other forces cheating? - 6/28/2020 4:31:42 PM   
Atros

quote:

ORIGINAL: zgrssd
Manual, 5.18. AI Rule Differences

This stuff is not exactly a secret.

This.

Better question is are you cheating, because the AI is known not to be the sharpest pencil on the table... ;)

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 4
RE: Are other forces cheating? - 6/29/2020 10:54:02 AM   
FlashXAron_slith

quote:

ORIGINAL: dustek

YES TERRIBLE

Don't dare to ask this noob question in that forum, as all that "I am an unbelievable intelligent player, as I am able to win against anything the game throws at me and you are too stupid to play it" trolls will come out and tell you , that you have to play with "squad leader ruleset" and the computer contolled nations use "risk" rules ...

BUT the devs have stated , they will try to improve it ...

for me that game, will only get a positive rating, when there is at least an option, when I start a game, where I could choose that also all computer controlled nations have to use the SAME ruleset, as the human ...

they should at least try it, to make it a serious game , as the publisher stands for this value !

< Message edited by FlashXAron_slith -- 6/29/2020 10:55:36 AM >

(in reply to dustek)
Post #: 5
RE: Are other forces cheating? - 6/29/2020 11:22:48 AM   
ramnblam

lol as you can see some people have strong feelings on this. But really AI in games are supposed to challenge the player and the player to win has to overcome that challenge. When AI can play this game at a human level, their will be little stopping them from killing us all like terminator or cylons :D

(in reply to FlashXAron_slith)
Post #: 6
RE: Are other forces cheating? - 6/29/2020 1:31:19 PM   
GodwinW

Cheating is a bit a of a misnomer imo.

The AI is not another player of the same game.

The AI is purely there to provide a gameplay experience for the human(s). But I do get what you mean. The question is whether it's possible to make them fulfill goal 1 (provide a good gameplay experience) while having them act as if they were human players playing by human rules without the human mind needed to do so.

(in reply to ramnblam)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Are other forces cheating? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI