Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[FIXED] ABM engagements cause low performance

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [FIXED] ABM engagements cause low performance Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[FIXED] ABM engagements cause low performance - 6/27/2020 3:00:08 AM   
SunlitZelkova

Hi,

I was playing CoW #4 Salvo, and the game was performing well despite the very high AU count. However, what after what appeared to be the detection of ballistic missiles by the US side, the game slowed down dramatically.

I am now using a gaming laptop, and it has run other scenarios as well, including God of War, which has around 1430 units at the start. On the other computer I use, which is a normal desktop, something similar to this has happened as well, however in general that computer does not run the game well (likely because of the computer it is and its age, not the game). However this made me wonder if it was something with the game.

On my desktop, the first scenario in which I had ABM problems was decently large (800 or so). However I created a relatively smaller scenario (just a few targets, a sub, and the Moscow ABM system) and while the performance drop was much smaller and not as problematic, it was still noticeable.

Just now, I created a scenario on my gaming laptop to test this again. It was probably around 180ish units at the start, with Naha AB (about 140 units), 48 planes, one Aegis destroyer, four PAC-3 MSE batteries, and five or so radar stations. There were around 32 or so ballistic missiles, and two satellites. The missiles were first detected by the satellites, but there were no problems, and there ended up not being any throughout the entire engagement.

The game on my gaming laptop has been updated with the latest public update (1.01.11474) (no betas). This save is from when I played Salvo and began to have problems. I saved as things got really bad (on 1x time speed, it took something like 30 to 45 seconds for one in game second to pass).

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Dimitris -- 7/3/2020 10:43:02 AM >

Formerly known as Project2035 and TyeeBanzai
Post #: 1
RE: [Logged] ABM engagements cause low performance - 6/29/2020 2:51:23 AM   
apache85

Logged for investigation.

(in reply to SunlitZelkova)
Post #: 2
RE: [Logged] ABM engagements cause low performance - 7/2/2020 11:02:06 AM   
alphali

I reported the same issue with the same scenario before you (link : https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4830985). I noticed some minor improvement with latest update (11474) compared to the version before, but still far cry from the scenario performance in CMANO (ran on 5 times compression, with no noticeable performance issues). In my case as i stated the CPU usage jumps to over 80-90 from 30-40% when during ABM engagement.

(in reply to SunlitZelkova)
Post #: 3
RE: [Logged] ABM engagements cause low performance - 7/2/2020 11:02:53 AM   
Dimitris

Incoming.

(in reply to alphali)
Post #: 4
RE: [Logged] ABM engagements cause low performance - 7/2/2020 12:23:20 PM   
Dimitris

Give this a try: https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4846787

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [FIXED] ABM engagements cause low performance Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI