Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Bridge Bug in La Grande Armee scenario?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Tech Support >> Bridge Bug in La Grande Armee scenario? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bridge Bug in La Grande Armee scenario? - 6/26/2020 8:11:49 PM   
jsetear

I am facing what I think may be a bug. TAOW IV, latest updates, La Grande Armee 1805 scenario.

The game prevents French forces from moving into unoccupied but previously Coalition-owned cities with blown bridges. I have tried to move in the bridge trains (not good with the French word, sorry, pontineers or whatever) or regular units or both. No luck. Even if I'm not trying to enter from a river hex, the problem occurs. Even if there are no enemy units anywhere near-by, the problem occurs.

I cannot be 100% sure of the conditions in which the problem arises. But the problem does NOT seem to arise if I capture an occupied city with a French attack, even if the bridges are destroyed. In the event of the conquest of a city via an attack, the city becomes French controlled and units may enter.

So, the problem seems to arise when units of the Third Coalition exit a city voluntarily and destroy (or have already destroyed) the bridges. The city then displays as behind Third Coalition lines and won't let me move in.

Since it's an empty city (and not in a ZOC), and since I have tried entering with both bridge trains and other units, this seems like a bug.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Tech Support >> Bridge Bug in La Grande Armee scenario? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI