Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Confused as to how to build up troops.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Confused as to how to build up troops. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Confused as to how to build up troops. - 6/26/2020 6:58:02 PM   
Poliorcetes

Man this is confusing. I created a new infantry unit, but it was only at half strength (but had like 4-5 subunits all at str 5). So I let them sit at my capital for a few turns, but they never grew to full strength. I tried Replace troops but I can't do anything with that. I tried Replace troops but again I can't do anything with that screen. I have recruits and metal.

Now I do have some sort of truck looking unit that seems to be a mix of every troop type, and is labeled Militia so I think its some sort of organic troop creation rather than troop replacements.

And then I was told I was out of command range, which I don't understand. Is there a range to my Commanders? What is it? Why isn't any of this in the help section?
Post #: 1
RE: Confused as to how to build up troops. - 6/26/2020 7:10:37 PM   
zgrssd

You need:
- Recruits
- metal and any other raw material
- IP to actually make the material into stuff. Because oddly it is hard to hit people on range with a sheet of metal.
- sufficient Logistics to the hex, if you are not raising right on the SHQ.

If you are lacking in anything but still got at least 50%, you can still raise the formation. The remaining Soliders have to come in per reinforcements. Just like battlefield casualties would.

For reinforcements, use the upper button, for the SHQ. The lower one for OHQ level does nothing.

< Message edited by zgrssd -- 6/26/2020 8:52:28 PM >

(in reply to Poliorcetes)
Post #: 2
RE: Confused as to how to build up troops. - 6/26/2020 8:34:22 PM   
GodwinW

quote:

ORIGINAL: Poliorcetes

Man this is confusing. I created a new infantry unit, but it was only at half strength (but had like 4-5 subunits all at str 5). So I let them sit at my capital for a few turns, but they never grew to full strength. I tried Replace troops but I can't do anything with that. I tried Replace troops but again I can't do anything with that screen. I have recruits and metal.

Now I do have some sort of truck looking unit that seems to be a mix of every troop type, and is labeled Militia so I think its some sort of organic troop creation rather than troop replacements.

And then I was told I was out of command range, which I don't understand. Is there a range to my Commanders? What is it? Why isn't any of this in the help section?

Hi,

You have to click a specific button. It's on the right hand side, one of the 3 tabs, it's at the top just below 'Workshop'.
If you click there you see all the troops your units are missing.

0/300 etc.

Just click there on the unit type to make an amount of troops as replacements.

So now you'll say for example 300/300.

Next turn these will automatically be sent along the logistics system to your units with missing troops.

Militia are the city defense guard. You can command them but they operate separately from you. You cannot replace missing troops for these, it's handled by the city itself.

Command range? I think that's simply the range a unit has to be in in order to benefit from its commander. If you raise a battlegroup with an OHQ (Operational HeadQuarters) you will appoint a commander and he gives bonuses in battle.
But he needs to be within I think 6 hexes in order to maximize this bonus.

(in reply to Poliorcetes)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Confused as to how to build up troops. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI