Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Minor factions need to be able to attack each other

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Minor factions need to be able to attack each other Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Minor factions need to be able to attack each other - 6/26/2020 12:47:10 PM   
kowalg

Hi guys,

Its a great game but one thing bothers me and its too exploitable.

Why all minor factions have enforced peace?

Farmers are okay near spiders, mutants, slavers, but as long as you touch their borders they will go for player, sometimes next to each other.

In some degree i would say its okay (they live there for long etc.) but it breaks immersion sometimes and its easy to exploit. You can conquer almost all zone but leaving one hex of independend/minor faction between you and new minor faction that can pose danger (like slavers) and you are 100% safe. Also its looks stupid when whole minor faction just put all units on you, ignoring other borders beacause they are minors.

Please let aggresive minors (raiders, AI, spiders etc.) attack other minors, maybe buffing their numbers due to this? It also make buffer states (farmers under protectorate etc.) unbreakable defense agains minors...
Post #: 1
RE: Minor factions need to be able to attack each other - 6/26/2020 2:08:05 PM   
zgrssd

Minors do not intentionally capture cities. If the would do that, the would be majors.

Any city capturing happens incidentally.

If the minors had to dilute their forces like that, they would also need a lot of troops (wich makes them OP if they have only Non-Alligend people around them) to even post a challenge for the player.

(in reply to kowalg)
Post #: 2
RE: Minor factions need to be able to attack each other - 6/27/2020 3:55:41 AM   
TheSquid

I agree that minors shouldn't capture cities - as that's what majors are for and why there's the distinction.

However, minor factions should definitely be able to attack each other where this makes sense. E.g. rabid arachnids should run rampant across farmer settlements (one would think that this would make the farmers more likely to accept annexation in exchange for protection).

Likewise, slavers should attack other minors and enslave them.

In neither of the above would the minors actually "conquer" any major city - at least not intentionally. They'd just run rampant in the general area, causing trouble for anyone who isn't them. Sounds like the perfect job for our troops to "protect" these fine farmers from the slavers, all in exchange for complete and total control over their territory... ;)

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 3
RE: Minor factions need to be able to attack each other - 6/27/2020 4:33:52 AM   
Atros

There should be separation between the minor factions (raiders fighting farmers for example) and the animals should be separate special category that fights and destroys, but doesn't shift borders IMO.

It is quite morbidly hilarious when you attack freemen city only to find stack of War-Molluscs defending the city before the freemen army.

Personally I don't mind freemen conquering cities. If you can't defend it, you shouldn't own it. Thus is the post-apocalyptic wasteland law.

(in reply to TheSquid)
Post #: 4
RE: Minor factions need to be able to attack each other - 6/27/2020 6:38:23 AM   
ramnblam

I just wrapped up a quick planetoid game and a raider minor wiped out 2 majors. :(

(in reply to Atros)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Minor factions need to be able to attack each other Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI