Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Logistics gap at the capital

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Logistics gap at the capital Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Logistics gap at the capital - 6/23/2020 8:22:40 PM   
Ekaton

I have problems at my capital - I have no LIS despite having great LIS in all the surrounding hexes. Does it mean that supplies flow well until they reach the capital? Why such a sudden stop? I keep building larger train stations and truck depots but all for naught.

I need ten females for each male...
Post #: 1
RE: Logistics gap at the capital - 6/23/2020 8:25:20 PM   
zgrssd

Did you put in a bunch of 100% blocks again?

(in reply to Ekaton)
Post #: 2
RE: Logistics gap at the capital - 6/23/2020 8:31:50 PM   
Ekaton

quote:

ORIGINAL: zgrssd

Did you put in a bunch of 100% blocks again?

No, there are no blocks there.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 3
RE: Logistics gap at the capital - 6/23/2020 8:34:05 PM   
Jdane

When posting such a screen capture, I find it most useful when one selects the SHQ and more specifically its Supply stats.

I'm puzzled by the lack of any displayed data on the hexes next to the capital though. Is it, as I assume, the Bottlenecks map filter?

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 4
RE: Logistics gap at the capital - 6/23/2020 8:41:00 PM   
Journier

So I had the same thing happen to me in my game during a economic catastrophe with a 2 front war and expanding too aggressively/ capturing too many cities.

I ended up having to build railroad stations and truck stations around my capital every hex to get the gluttony of products to move through, took 10 turns of no troops getting reinforcements before the mass of freight moving finally caught up to what needed to be done.

(in reply to Jdane)
Post #: 5
RE: Logistics gap at the capital - 6/23/2020 8:43:34 PM   
Ekaton

It is, looks like the capital is the bottleneck. SHQ is completely swamped, it does not send or receive as much as requested. Is that the issue? I'm still not 100% how logistics work, I don't know why there are so many points on hexes next to the capital and 0 in the capital itself.

(in reply to Jdane)
Post #: 6
RE: Logistics gap at the capital - 6/23/2020 8:54:07 PM   
Jdane

What puzzles me most is that those hexes should show black, as far as I know.

I still haven't entirely figured out the Bottlenecks filter, but the Initial and Used Pts filters should provide you some more insight. I doubt there were 0 logistics points in the capital when the turn calculations started.

Could you post a picture of the SHQ's Supply stats? You could also investigate under the STATS tab to try and figure out what is depleting the logistics there (i.e. moving resources between zones and SHQ or trying and supply the troops).

(in reply to Ekaton)
Post #: 7
RE: Logistics gap at the capital - 6/23/2020 8:57:15 PM   
Falke

1 key is your friend. The units are covering any possible information that may help in this case

It is also helpful to know which overlay the screenshot represents

(in reply to Ekaton)
Post #: 8
RE: Logistics gap at the capital - 6/23/2020 9:10:25 PM   
Ekaton

Here's the SHQ:

(in reply to Falke)
Post #: 9
RE: Logistics gap at the capital - 6/23/2020 9:13:51 PM   
Jdane

What the « ZONE > SHQ » stats are telling me is that your zones cannot send all the Items they would want to the SHQ because the percentage of logistics points allowed to be used for this stage is insufficient - the zones would need 12,597 points but the SHQ only allows 5,268 to be used.

You could fix this by modifying the allowance in the Unit Admin screen of the SHQ.

It will probably take a couple turns to sort itself out because your zones might have accumulated Items in their inventory for a while and will try to send those out until their stocks are where they want them to be.

< Message edited by Jdane -- 6/23/2020 9:15:33 PM >

(in reply to Ekaton)
Post #: 10
RE: Logistics gap at the capital - 6/23/2020 9:22:41 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jdane

What puzzles me most is that those hexes should show black, as far as I know.

I still haven't entirely figured out the Bottlenecks filter, but the Initial and Used Pts filters should provide you some more insight. I doubt there were 0 logistics points in the capital when the turn calculations started.

Could you post a picture of the SHQ's Supply stats? You could also investigate under the STATS tab to try and figure out what is depleting the logistics there (i.e. moving resources between zones and SHQ or trying and supply the troops).

It is possible for the things to become so bad, the Graphics overflow into nothing being shown. It is so bad, it became so black it became transparent

(in reply to Jdane)
Post #: 11
RE: Logistics gap at the capital - 6/23/2020 9:29:59 PM   
Jdane

I am tempted to believe you were joking, but equally inclined to deem it possible.

At any rate, I've found just using the Bottlenecks filter as a rough overview of the stress on logistics and not trying to grok all its quirks works better for me, and I would rather try and find more usable data elsewhere.

< Message edited by Jdane -- 6/23/2020 9:31:28 PM >

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 12
RE: Logistics gap at the capital - 6/23/2020 9:36:57 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ekaton

Here's the SHQ:

Asuming those are the normal 40/40/30/30 Logistics Limit split, you have ~17562,5 Logistics total. Fits the total deliveries being 17562. So that is how much logistics capacity you got outgoing from the SHQ total.

SHQ>Zone
The SHQ needed to send over 11k Units of stuff towards the zones. Only used about 2626 Logistics however. Keep in in mind that Water, Fuel, Electricity, IP and Emergency Food travel for free, so that is the discrepancy.
Still, not everything could be delivered to every zone that requested something. Sounds like there is a bottleneck further afield. Hopefully it is just during construction.

SHQ > Units
was not a lot. 2354 send, 2339 Logistics used. Still a small amount did not get out. Some some units seem to be at the limit for hte supply connection.

Zone > SHQ
The invariably biggest part, was retrieving stuff from zones. 46813 were sitting there marked with "ready for Pickup by HQ". After the alloted 5268 Logistics were used, no replacements could be send and the 2 before also could not use any more outgoing logistics, all remaining logistics was spend to get even more stuff out of zones.

Replacement
Worrisome. Apparently 257 units requested replacements. 0 were delivered. My guess is that all the other Items used up so much Logistics on the only avalible connection, nothing else could be send or retrieved.

That Goodneightbour does not show a Number or Node, is propably because numbes got beyond what Vic expected. That part alone may be worth a bug report. I guess a simple overflow bug.
17562 is slightly abovee the upperl limit for 16 bit signed intigers, so propably that old bug.

< Message edited by zgrssd -- 6/23/2020 9:40:35 PM >

(in reply to Ekaton)
Post #: 13
RE: Logistics gap at the capital - 6/23/2020 10:03:24 PM   
Destragon

You should show a screenshot of the initial points overlay or the bottleneck overlay.
If this is a display bug, because of an overflow, I think the bottleneck overlay should still work.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jdane

Is it, as I assume, the Bottlenecks map filter?

It's the current points overlay. Bottlenecks overlay displays percentages, not the point numbers.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 14
RE: Logistics gap at the capital - 6/23/2020 10:09:08 PM   
zgrssd

I reported the bug I asume happened here. Propably a good old "signed int overflowing into negative". Not the first time we had those:
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4840798

(in reply to Destragon)
Post #: 15
RE: Logistics gap at the capital - 6/24/2020 1:02:28 AM   
lloydster4

You all are making this far more complicated than it is. The overlay you're seeing is "current points." aka currently available points

Your SHQ is trying to receive more material than the logistics network can handle. Therefore, that hex has 0 available points. They've already been used. If you want to see how many points you had the beginning of the turn, use the "initial points" overlay.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 16
RE: Logistics gap at the capital - 6/24/2020 5:54:07 AM   
Zyphtan

I have run into something similar. Might be that you dont have enough logistics from other zones to your SHQ that is what the yellow in the current points shows. Can we see a bottleneck view? You can try the mng window too and in assets use the expand on the right to see what is being produced consumed sent to SHQ and store locally. I run into the problem with stuff not getting to the SHQ from the zone.

I tend to make sure there is enough LIS from the cap to every city. The cities can meet up with the LIS from the cap again that is what the yellow means it shows that one truck station along that road doesnt have enough capacity to meet the same amount for what the cap is sending.

You can also try limiting LIS to assets on off roads they only need the LIS points to pass them. An assurance that they have supplies I guess.

(in reply to lloydster4)
Post #: 17
RE: Logistics gap at the capital - 6/24/2020 7:32:46 AM   
Vic

Also if seeing weird behaviour, please make sure you are on the latest version and even preferably the latest Open Beta version.

Best wishes,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to Zyphtan)
Post #: 18
RE: Logistics gap at the capital - 6/24/2020 10:21:35 AM   
Ekaton

It's fine now, the logistics overlay is a bit confusing and doesn't explain why you have so many points all around but not in the capital itself. The problem was that with three new cities conquered within a few turns, my logistics system collapsed and couldn't handle the traffic. Raising the percentage of points used to transport stuff from zones to SHQ fixed the problem.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Logistics gap at the capital Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI