Long turn times

A military-oriented and sci-fi wargame, set on procedural planets with customizable factions and endless choices.

Moderator: Vic

Iron Knight

Long turn times

Post by Iron Knight »

So I am not particularly adverse some long processing times if the AI is benefiting from it, but after turn 140, medium map, its going over 20 mins or so, and this is with me owning 45% of the map, a single minor, and 2 majors at war. Is this normal or am I encountering something odd?
FAA

RE: Long turn times

Post by FAA »

Still better than Decisive Campaigns and its 20 minute AI processing.
Smidlee

Post by Smidlee »

This is why some strategy games limit the number of units as more units equals longer turns.
Iron Knight

Post by Iron Knight »

ORIGINAL: Smidlee

This is why some strategy games limit the number of units as more units equals longer turns.

This is what confuses me, as I have knocked out 2 majors in the last 40 turns or so I thought it would get quicker, not longer.
IamMax

Post by IamMax »

ORIGINAL: Iron Knight

So I am not particularly adverse some long processing times if the AI is benefiting from it, but after turn 140, medium map, its going over 20 mins or so, and this is with me owning 45% of the map, a single minor, and 2 majors at war. Is this normal or am I encountering something odd?

In the one game I played super late (turn 300, woo) the beta patch cut my turn processing from ~25 minutes to about ~10 minutes. I highly recommend applying it. (no link because not allowed, but check the tech forum)

The AI turns get shorter, maybe, but your processing gets longer as your logistics increase in complexity; you'll probably find that if you try to use the preview logistics overlay there'll be a processing delay of at least one and possibly multiple minutes.
Iron Knight

Post by Iron Knight »

Ah! My logistics probably are the issue.. . so many rail stations and truck stations... like every 6 hexes to get dudes to the front. I've got the latest patch but started on a really early version.
Journier

Post by Journier »

yea my logistics calculation are off the charts on a medium map with 2 major powers that im chewing apart left.

5+ minute turns and my capital is half million people and its difficult to get my SHQ to actually ship everything out to my armies... Railroads connecting near armies etc.

Pretty great till turn 60 for me. then... the sadness began :(
Smidlee

Post by Smidlee »

I notice in the AI turn you can minimized the screen so maybe you can play a different game while waiting. ;)
JWW

Post by JWW »

ORIGINAL: Smidlee

I notice in the AI turn you can minimized the screen so maybe you can play a different game while waiting. ;)

It definitely processes while minimized with no time loss as far as I can tell, and I do other things, sometimes reading the latest here and sometimes looking at the manual, but often doing completely different things. I have found that looking up the latest thing I have a question about in the manual as soon as you hit next turn is a real help.
IamMax

Post by IamMax »

Ah! My logistics probably are the issue.. . so many rail stations and truck stations... like every 6 hexes to get dudes to the front. I've got the latest patch but started on a really early version.

Sorry if I'm asking the obvious, but: when you say you have the latest patch, do you mean "1.03" or "1.03-beta 10"?

If the latter, oof, sorry. If the former, then navigate to the Shadow Empire Open Beta Versions and download and apply the latest beta patch
Iron Knight

Post by Iron Knight »

ORIGINAL: IamMax

Sorry if I'm asking the obvious, but: when you say you have the latest patch, do you mean "1.03" or "1.03-beta 10"?

If the latter, oof, sorry. If the former, then navigate to the Shadow Empire Open Beta Versions and download and apply the latest beta patch

Beta 9, will upgrade to 10 and hope that helps. So close to victory, just need to keep pushing on.

Return to “Shadow Empire”