Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A Puzzler

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> A Puzzler Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A Puzzler - 6/22/2020 8:37:53 PM   
sd123

Hiya! First post. Playing as axis, 1939 campaign. 4/21/44, Axis Major Victory, which puzzles me. First off, USSR fell last turn, in the process of operating units west to thwart the inevitable D-Day. Spotting transports left and right. But the real puzzler is why did the UK,I guess, surrender? Why the Major Victory? UK morale is 51%, over 60 units remain. US morale is 61%, India is over 80%. Japan is inching to knocking out China, but hasn't. I was looking forward to battling in France, keeping the game going, but really don't understand how I achieved a Major victory. Any ideas?
Post #: 1
RE: A Puzzler - 6/22/2020 8:49:13 PM   
Platoonist

Welcome aboard.

Prior to the Allied surrender did you get a message box with a Yes/No option stating that the remaining Allies were "throwing in the towel" so to speak? I recall that happening in a game where the Soviet Union surrendered. Shortly after the surrender, that option was presented to me.

You can always say no and play on.

(in reply to sd123)
Post #: 2
RE: A Puzzler - 6/22/2020 9:00:18 PM   
sd123

I may have? Misclick, definitely if so. I tried loading the autosave, and disabling the game end date without success.

(in reply to Platoonist)
Post #: 3
RE: A Puzzler - 6/22/2020 9:12:54 PM   
Platoonist

quote:

ORIGINAL: sd123

I may have? Misclick, definitely if so. I tried loading the autosave, and disabling the game end date without success.

Yeah, it would have looked like the Decision Event below. I believe if you click yes to the offer, it's final. Game over. You win. It seems to automatically crop up when the Soviets drop out, but I'm not 100 per cent sure if that's all that triggers it.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Platoonist -- 6/22/2020 9:18:56 PM >

(in reply to sd123)
Post #: 4
RE: A Puzzler - 6/29/2020 11:01:57 PM   
Dalwin

Yes, the major victory is only the second highest victory level. You can either accept their surrender or push on hoping for a decisive victory. In PBEM games, the Allied player gets the option of whether or not to offer that surrender. This last point may seem meaningless in the face of many players readiness to simply resign and quit, but my friends and I strongly believe in playing it out. This surrender is considered by us to be a valid way out for the Allies.

(in reply to Platoonist)
Post #: 5
RE: A Puzzler - 6/30/2020 12:17:31 AM   
Xsillione

And quite a nicely done one, it needs the Axis in good shape, SU surrendered, and either London or Cairo in Axis hands, at that point the war is mostly over, and some peace would be done. But it is not an unconditional surrender, just a peacetalk.

(in reply to Dalwin)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> A Puzzler Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI