Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Libya in the Triple Alliance campaign

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> Libya in the Triple Alliance campaign Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Libya in the Triple Alliance campaign - 6/22/2020 5:12:41 PM   
mdsmall

Hi - I am currently playing the Triple Alliance campaign for the first time and have encountered what looks like a glitch. In this scenario, Libya starts the game as a neutral rather than an Italian colony. Playing the Central Powers, I decided to use my Italian forces to conquer Libya and sent two corps by amphibious transport to capture Tripoli. Before landing, I had to declare war on Libya, as I would before invading any other neutral. I was pleasantly surprised that there were no defending forces which mobilized to defend Tripoli before I landed, so I just occupied it and thus conquered Libya. That done, I then sent by regular transport another Italian corps to land in the newly acquired port of Tobruk. All good so far.

However, at the end of my turn I was surprised to see a script appear saying "Italian morale drops due to loss of Libya". Then two new Italian 10 strength detachments appeared, one next to Tripoli and one next to Tobruk. It was nice to get the reinforcements, but if Libya was truly a neutral, should not these detachments have mobilized as enemy minor forces defending their respective ports as soon as I declared war on Libya? It was also odd to see Italian national morale drop when it was Italy that was conquering neutral Libya, not losing it to another Major. However, checking the Reports on national morale, I do not see an obvious drop in morale around the time I conquered Libya, so it may have been simply that the script fired without anything changing in terms of Italy's national morale.

Is this a glitch in this scenario or am I missing something?

Best regards,

Michael

< Message edited by mdsmall -- 6/23/2020 9:01:57 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Libya in the Triple Alliance campaign - 6/23/2020 10:22:10 AM   
BillRunacre

Thanks Michael, I'll take a look as I think we might need a few adjustments there.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to mdsmall)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> Libya in the Triple Alliance campaign Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI