Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Italy campaign units not entrenching or stuck entrenching

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Tech Support >> Italy campaign units not entrenching or stuck entrenching Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Italy campaign units not entrenching or stuck entrenching - 6/22/2020 9:17:12 AM   
Cavalry Corp

Dear technical,

I have just started a new campaign of Italy 4345 as axis.

No problems before under the same patch.

Now I seem to have units that either entrench okay or they get stuck like for instance level 1/10% level 2/10% it's always 10%. These units are in the frontline or a long way behind the line it doesn't matter. Some units do not start entrenching at all. I do not remember this bug previously. What do you think? Some units are entrenching normally.
Post #: 1
RE: Italy campaign units not entrenching or stuck entre... - 6/22/2020 4:04:16 PM   
Joel Billings

There are limits to building forts listed below. If units are adjacent to an enemy hex than they should be able to build up to level 3(10%). If you have a situation like this, please attach a save or email it to 2by3@2by3games.com and tell us what hex is not building correctly. Thanks.

15.3.2.2. Limits on Fortification Levels

Requirement to build up to Fortification Level 5: Only will be built in hexes that have a fort unit and a port of at least size 4. Once built, the fort unit is not needed to keep the level 5 fortification. Not possible in a swamp hex.

Requirement to build up to Fortification Level 4: Must have a fort unit in the hex and the hex must either be City/Urban/Heavy Urban terrain or contain a port (of any size). Once built, the fort unit is not needed to keep the level 4 fortification. Not possible in swamp hex.

Requirement to build up to Fortification Level 3: Must either be 1) adjacent to an enemy hex, or 2) a City/Urban/Heavy Urban terrain hex, or 3) contain a port (of any size), or 4) contain a fortified zone unit in the hex. Once the level 3 is reached, the condition does not have to continue to be met to keep the level 3 fortification.

Requirement to build up to Fortification Level 2: Must be a coastal hex (hex adjacent to a major sea, not just a lake).

Requirement to build up to Fortification Level 1: Must be within 20 hexes of an enemy unit. If a hex meets the requirement to build to a given level, it need not meet the requirements of the lower levels in order to build to the lower level (i.e. a hex that qualifies to be built to level 3 only needs to meet the Level 3 requirements in order to build to level 1, 2 or 3). Fortification levels that have reached their maximum fortification level for the hex may continue to build up to 10 percent towards the next fortification level.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to Cavalry Corp)
Post #: 2
RE: Italy campaign units not entrenching or stuck entre... - 6/23/2020 3:56:30 PM   
Cavalry Corp

Noted let me review the situation in a couple of turns. I think the issue is maybe they were not adjacent to an enemy unit and not coastal. and did not have a fort unit. Thanks for coming back.

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Tech Support >> Italy campaign units not entrenching or stuck entrenching Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI