Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Spammed by slavers

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Spammed by slavers Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Spammed by slavers - 6/22/2020 2:27:33 AM   
concern

I am currently getting an offer of slaves pretty much every turn. Both choices I am presented with cause ongoing damage to the relationships with my leaders. How do I get out of this endless loop of slave offers? Do I need to destroy the slaver nation?
Post #: 1
RE: Spammed by slavers - 6/22/2020 2:43:17 AM   
EuchreJack

Yup.

Every time you pay off the slavers, they use your money to get stronger. If you reject all their offers and go to war immediately, they have mostly infantry. If you pay them off and then go to war, my understanding is that they will field better units. I swear in one game a Major power was paying off the slavers just so they were better equipped when I went to war with them.

That being said, I had one start with 2 slaver nations as neighbors, plus an Ancient AI, plus a ruined city that I wanted to take from a minor. Those slavers got paid off, when I could afford it. It also turns out that only one slaver can extort you at a time: I was able to peace out the southern slaver, which pissed off the western slaver.

(in reply to concern)
Post #: 2
RE: Spammed by slavers - 6/22/2020 4:02:26 AM   
concern

That's a little bit annoying. It would be nice if there was another option to resolve this. Unless I now attack them, I will be left with this horrible no-win slave offer every turn. I'll either flatline my commerce rating or destroy my relationships with my leaders.

(in reply to EuchreJack)
Post #: 3
RE: Spammed by slavers - 6/22/2020 4:58:17 AM   
concern

Update: I've put a large military force on the slaver's border and so far I haven't received any more offers of slaves. I still have a high relationship with them. They do have a couple of slaver convoys hovering about near the border. Maybe these convoys need clear access to your territory in order for an offer to be made. I shall update this when I have further information.

(in reply to EuchreJack)
Post #: 4
RE: Spammed by slavers - 6/22/2020 5:37:36 PM   
EuchreJack

Interesting!

I noticed with the Arachnids that they don't seem to go hostile if you stay away from their border, so maybe the Slavers are the reverse? Let us know how it turns out!

(in reply to concern)
Post #: 5
RE: Spammed by slavers - 6/22/2020 9:15:47 PM   
concern

Unfortunately, before I commenced the gambit of moving troops to the slaver border, I had rejected their slave offer twice in a row. It did reduce my relationship, but not enough for war.

I am therefore unsure of the trigger for removing the slave offers - my double decline or my troops! Either way I am very grateful that they are gone.

(in reply to EuchreJack)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Spammed by slavers Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI