Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

"Water is currently at such a low price (0,01Cr) that Traders have no interest to buy."

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> "Water is currently at such a low price (0,01Cr) that Traders have no interest to buy." Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
"Water is currently at such a low price (0,01Cr) t... - 6/20/2020 11:45:05 AM   
VoodooDog

shouldnt this read "Despite water at such a low price traders have no interest in buying it"?
the original sentence sounds like that traders dont want to buy water BECAUSE it is at such a low price. that would be weird, wouldnt it?
Post #: 1
RE: "Water is currently at such a low price (0,01C... - 6/20/2020 12:26:13 PM   
Soar_Slitherine

It means that since there's so much water on the market that it's worth only a pittance, the traders aren't interested in buying and storing more.

(in reply to VoodooDog)
Post #: 2
RE: "Water is currently at such a low price (0,01C... - 6/20/2020 12:54:25 PM   
zgrssd

The prices incldues the buy and sell price.
Give them amount of storage space water needs (100 Tons per 1 Water! 5.16.3) and how low the earning Marging is, they really see no point to buy it from you.
Indeed for the prices to be that low they have to have kilotons - or possibly megatons - of Water already.

Honestly, I got this with as high as 0.06 Cr sell/0.27 Cr buy.
The market is - figuratively - flodded with water.

< Message edited by zgrssd -- 6/20/2020 12:56:28 PM >

(in reply to Soar_Slitherine)
Post #: 3
RE: "Water is currently at such a low price (0,01C... - 6/20/2020 1:08:10 PM   
GodwinW

The Traders want profit, so they only buy something they can sell for a lot.
Water is bulky (large volume per credit) and at such low cost, that the effort of storing, transporting etc. outweighs the potential profit because since water is generally so cheap everyone can buy it all over the place and no one needs it apparently (otherwise price would be higher).

(in reply to VoodooDog)
Post #: 4
RE: "Water is currently at such a low price (0,01C... - 6/20/2020 1:26:31 PM   
VoodooDog

i know what it means, that wasnt the point of this thread. the point was that this is a bad (or wrong?) phrasing in my opinion.

am i wrong? not a native english speaker.

(in reply to GodwinW)
Post #: 5
RE: "Water is currently at such a low price (0,01C... - 6/20/2020 2:22:30 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: VoodooDog

i know what it means, that wasnt the point of this thread. the point was that this is a bad (or wrong?) phrasing in my opinion.

am i wrong? not a native english speaker.

I am not a native speaker either, but it seems fine for me.
There have been other examples where the issues are unambigious. This game is done by a single Dev. He is Dutch.

(in reply to VoodooDog)
Post #: 6
RE: "Water is currently at such a low price (0,01C... - 6/20/2020 4:04:54 PM   
Tomn

Yeah, it's not good English. You can still parse the meaning, but grammatically it's off. You'd be better off with something like "The price of water is so low now (0.01Cr) that Traders aren't interested in buying." It's not a super high priority, though, since it's still more or less understandable.

Conversely, there's a number of spots throughout the game and the manual where the English is dodgy enough that you have to read it a couple of times to get the meaning straight, especially when covering more complex subjects. I wasn't keeping track of them and can't name any off the top of my head, though.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 7
RE: "Water is currently at such a low price (0,01C... - 6/20/2020 4:34:33 PM   
VoodooDog

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tomn

Yeah, it's not good English. You can still parse the meaning, but grammatically it's off. You'd be better off with something like "The price of water is so low now (0.01Cr) that Traders aren't interested in buying."

i really dont get this, for me this as well reads the wrong way around. cause and effect wise this sounds like the trades dont want to buy water because it is so low when in fact it is the other way around. no one wants to buy water, thats why the price is so low (supply and demand).

"no one wants to buy water, because the price is so low"
vs
"the price of water is so low, because no one wants to buy it".

(in reply to Tomn)
Post #: 8
RE: "Water is currently at such a low price (0,01C... - 6/20/2020 7:41:01 PM   
GodwinW

Sounds fine to me.

The weird thing just is that apparently they don't want to buy something that's cheap. That's probably the counter-intuitive part. But it makes sense if you think about it.

I guess another possibility would be: "Water is currently in such low demand that Traders have no interest in buying it."

(in reply to VoodooDog)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> "Water is currently at such a low price (0,01Cr) that Traders have no interest to buy." Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI