Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Supply and railroad hex counting

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Supply and railroad hex counting Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Supply and railroad hex counting - 6/20/2020 3:01:49 AM   
eskuche

Similar to the FBD issue Joelmar brought up here: https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4825889

Supply path as of 1.12 I believe is first determined by fewest MP, and then the hex range is calculated from that. This leads to very weird situations which can catch players offguard. See here, where moving "one MP" away actually moves five hexes from railhead!

Perhaps the game should take into account total movement and hex supply modifiers for each hex instead of the simplified way which leads to errors such as this.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Supply and railroad hex counting - 6/20/2020 3:24:20 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: eskuche

Similar to the FBD issue Joelmar brought up here: https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4825889

Supply path as of 1.12 I believe is first determined by fewest MP, and then the hex range is calculated from that. This leads to very weird situations which can catch players offguard. See here, where moving "one MP" away actually moves five hexes from railhead!

Perhaps the game should take into account total movement and hex supply modifiers for each hex instead of the simplified way which leads to errors such as this.

Two different railhead countings could be the situation. One from northe the other from center. Was that checked to be not the case????

(in reply to eskuche)
Post #: 2
RE: Supply and railroad hex counting - 6/20/2020 3:26:06 AM   
eskuche

Yes, that is the reason why it happens but I'm propositioning that it's completely out of whack that it happens this way because the player has no way of knowing without checking every single hex. And even then, after tiles change ownership next turn your hex distance is completely up for grabs.

(in reply to HardLuckYetAgain)
Post #: 3
RE: Supply and railroad hex counting - 6/20/2020 4:11:48 PM   
redrum68

Yeah it can be a little funky sometimes though I've mostly gotten used to it and as you mention tend to check individual hexes pretty often.

(in reply to eskuche)
Post #: 4
RE: Supply and railroad hex counting - 6/20/2020 8:29:11 PM   
joelmar

This one is pretty harmless because you don't need to figure out very long to understand it will be in supply next logistics phase, but still quite amusing! :

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4825862&mpage=1�

"So much trouble in the world!" -Bob

(in reply to redrum68)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Supply and railroad hex counting Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI