Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[Answered] Doctrine options "WCS - Land" and "BVR engagement behavior" not fixed?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Answered] Doctrine options "WCS - Land" and "BVR engagement behavior" not fixed? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[Answered] Doctrine options "WCS - Land" and ... - 6/19/2020 5:47:49 PM   
ronmexico111

In the latest update it says * FIXED: Doctrine options "WCS - Land" and "BVR engagement behavior" were disabled for player (includes updated versions of standalone scenarios)

Was this only done for the standalone scenarios and not a universal fix?

< Message edited by apache85 -- 6/22/2020 1:27:52 AM >

"Never get out of the boat" Apocalypse Now
Post #: 1
RE: Doctrine options "WCS - Land" and "B... - 6/19/2020 6:59:52 PM   
KnightHawk75

So basically if you create and or re-save a scenario in the newer builds, the problem should not happen, the check box for both should be enabled by default, and should be properly saved.

But to correct an existing scene, I believe one must load the scenario, enable the checkboxes where needed\desired and re-save. So other than scenarios the developers themselves publish I'm not sure how they could universally fix it (without also erroneously overriding what might be a scene authors actual choice to have disabled changing it - rare but it happens).

(in reply to ronmexico111)
Post #: 2
RE: Doctrine options "WCS - Land" and "B... - 6/20/2020 8:35:45 AM   
ronmexico111

quote:

ORIGINAL: KnightHawk75

So basically if you create and or re-save a scenario in the newer builds, the problem should not happen, the check box for both should be enabled by default, and should be properly saved.

But to correct an existing scene, I believe one must load the scenario, enable the checkboxes where needed\desired and re-save. So other than scenarios the developers themselves publish I'm not sure how they could universally fix it (without also erroneously overriding what might be a scene authors actual choice to have disabled changing it - rare but it happens).

The issue isn't about adding the ability to switch the WCS Land and BVR engagement behaviors to certain scenarios, it's that the ability to switch those things was taken away. When CMO was released, every single scenario had those functions locked, whereas in CMANO (at least before 1.15.7 was also released) this was not the case.

(in reply to KnightHawk75)
Post #: 3
RE: Doctrine options "WCS - Land" and "B... - 6/20/2020 12:56:13 PM   
Rory Noonan

Hey ronmexico111,

For context, there was a bug that marked WCS-Land as non-player editable. Because of the way scenario files work, this affected any file saved with an affected version--a pretty big deal.

We've corrected the issue that caused this, and as part of support for official scenarios we have included fixed versions with the latest update.

Unfortunately any save file created with an affected version will retain this problem until (with a post-fix version of the game) the file is opened, the options changed and the file is re-saved.

To make this easier for players with a large amount of personal scenarios, I've written a small Lua script to automate the process. If you have lots and lots of scenarios to apply this to, please let me know and I'll help you to apply it as a batch.

quote:

local sides = VP_GetSides()
for k,v in ipairs (sides) do
local side=VP_GetSide({side=v.name})
ScenEdit_SetDoctrine({side=v.name}, {weapon_control_status_land_player_editable=1})
print ('>>> '..side.name..' Side Doctrine Fixed...')
for each,mission in ipairs (side.missions) do
ScenEdit_SetDoctrine({side=v.name, mission=mission.name}, {weapon_control_status_land_player_editable=1})
print ('... '..mission.name..' Mission Doctrine Fixed...')
end
print (side.name..' Doctrine Fixes Completed <<<')
end

Post #: 4
RE: Doctrine options "WCS - Land" and "B... - 6/20/2020 5:27:30 PM   
ronmexico111

quote:

ORIGINAL: apache85

Hey ronmexico111,

For context, there was a bug that marked WCS-Land as non-player editable. Because of the way scenario files work, this affected any file saved with an affected version--a pretty big deal.

We've corrected the issue that caused this, and as part of support for official scenarios we have included fixed versions with the latest update.

Unfortunately any save file created with an affected version will retain this problem until (with a post-fix version of the game) the file is opened, the options changed and the file is re-saved.

To make this easier for players with a large amount of personal scenarios, I've written a small Lua script to automate the process. If you have lots and lots of scenarios to apply this to, please let me know and I'll help you to apply it as a batch.

quote:

local sides = VP_GetSides()
for k,v in ipairs (sides) do
local side=VP_GetSide({side=v.name})
ScenEdit_SetDoctrine({side=v.name}, {weapon_control_status_land_player_editable=1})
print ('>>> '..side.name..' Side Doctrine Fixed...')
for each,mission in ipairs (side.missions) do
ScenEdit_SetDoctrine({side=v.name, mission=mission.name}, {weapon_control_status_land_player_editable=1})
print ('... '..mission.name..' Mission Doctrine Fixed...')
end
print (side.name..' Doctrine Fixes Completed <<<')
end

I knew about the bug and I get that about the saved games but my question is if it was just the scenarios in the Standalone folder that were fixed and not all of the scenarios in the other folders like tutorials, DLCs, etc.

This also became an issue in CMANO with update 1.15.7 whereas it was not an issue in 1.15.6 and before so it seems the bug was ported from CMO to CMANO.

(in reply to Rory Noonan)
Post #: 5
RE: Doctrine options "WCS - Land" and "B... - 6/21/2020 2:44:24 PM   
ronmexico111

quote:

ORIGINAL: KnightHawk75

I think if you look at the scenarios individually in CMO it's impossible to know what the scenario author's choice was as it pertains to the WCS and BVR behavior but if you look at what it was in CMANO 1.15.6 it becomes crystal clear what the intent was.

(in reply to KnightHawk75)
Post #: 6
RE: Doctrine options "WCS - Land" and "B... - 6/22/2020 1:22:37 AM   
Rory Noonan

The fixed files are available for download here.

Important Note: These files work fine in C:MO, simply follow the instructions in the readme.txt file. However for C:MANO the briefings for these files are not readable--which is why we've held off applying them as an official update. We're working on fixing that and the files will be out in an official update as soon as possible.

These files should be considered beta versions with the standard disclaimers; I recommend backing up your current Scenarios folder before extracting the .scen files from the linked archives.

Post #: 7
RE: Doctrine options "WCS - Land" and "B... - 6/22/2020 5:37:24 AM   
ronmexico111

quote:

The fixed files are available for download here.

Important Note: These files work fine in C:MO, simply follow the instructions in the readme.txt file. However for C:MANO the briefings for these files are not readable--which is why we've held off applying them as an official update. We're working on fixing that and the files will be out in an official update as soon as possible.

These files should be considered beta versions with the standard disclaimers; I recommend backing up your current Scenarios folder before extracting the .scen files from the linked archives.

Thank you for that. Please note though that there still is an issue with the BVR engagement behavior (is still locked) and also the tutorial folder still uses the CMANO file structure so at least in CMO those files need to be copied into their correct folders.

Post #: 8
RE: Doctrine options "WCS - Land" and "B... - 6/22/2020 7:45:41 AM   
Rory Noonan

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronmexico111

Thank you for that. Please note though that there still is an issue with the BVR engagement behavior (is still locked) and also the tutorial folder still uses the CMANO file structure so at least in CMO those files need to be copied into their correct folders.

Thanks, on it

Post #: 9
RE: Doctrine options "WCS - Land" and "B... - 6/23/2020 6:28:23 AM   
Rory Noonan

Try again with the new files at the same link; these should work for CMO and CMANO respectively. Let us know if there's any further issues.

Post #: 10
RE: Doctrine options "WCS - Land" and "B... - 6/23/2020 5:32:20 PM   
ronmexico111

quote:

Try again with the new files at the same link; these should work for CMO and CMANO respectively. Let us know if there's any further issues.

That looks good to me. The only issue is that for the Common Doctrine file there are two sets of the same scenario folders. I haven't looked at the CMANO scenarios yet but if the same fix was made then they should be fine as well.

Post #: 11
RE: Doctrine options "WCS - Land" and "B... - 6/23/2020 6:09:33 PM   
ronmexico111

The CMANO scenarios look fine.

Post #: 12
RE: Doctrine options "WCS - Land" and "B... - 6/23/2020 6:16:53 PM   
ronmexico111

Here's what I was talking about with the Common Doctrine file. It unzips with a double folder in there, just below the Chains Of War folder. Just delete that extra Common DoctrineFix folder and you're good.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Answered] Doctrine options "WCS - Land" and "BVR engagement behavior" not fixed? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI