Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Delegated Decisions and No Political Points

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> Delegated Decisions and No Political Points Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Delegated Decisions and No Political Points - 6/19/2020 3:34:12 AM   
Malevolence

For reference, Game Build v 1.03-beta6; Scenario Build v1.01a - 2nd of June; Last Game Build used 103-beta6; Scenario Version Number #16. I am running a Win 10 Pro 64bit, Intel i7-1065G7, 16GB RAM. It is a Surface Pro 7, connected to 2560x1600 display monitor via USB-C. That's Intel Iris Plus integrated graphics.

Per the image, here is a decision with no Political Points (PP) available. All available selections are unusable.

This applies to Manual Section 3.6.6, Decisions and Section 5.6.3, Decisions. Also, to a lessor extent Manual Section 5.1.9.11, Decisions, which repeats the same.

As background:

quote:

A special type of decision is the event-based decision that obliges you to always pay 1 PP for making a decision yourself. Not making the Decision yourself will save you that 1 PP.

quote:

Most event-based non-organizational Decisions costs at least 1 PP for making a Decision yourself.

quote:

Most Decisions you make will have an impact on your Regime Profile. Keep in mind that the higher a Profile Score is the lower the gain and the higher the loss will be that a Decision offers.

quote:

Authority Value ... The higher the authority the more chance a Leader will follow his own Profile instead of the Regime Profile when making a Decision you delegated.

quote:

Any Decisions you did not make when you end your turn will be made by one of your Cabinet members or your Secretary. Keep in mind that in theory these Leaders should make the most "neutral" decision, but the Lower their Relation Score the more chance they might just make a choice that promotes their own personal agenda.

quote:

If you press End Turn without having made a Decision your Secretary, Governor or Director will make the Decision for you. Usually your subject will pick the most safe course of action. But if the Leader making the Decision for you has low Relation and high Authority score a decision most favorable to the Profile of the Leader might be reached instead. Especially keep an eye on the Secretary. He/she makes a lot of Decisions if you do not make them.

The decision to Ignore here is 1 PP and cannot be selected.

Ignoring a decision seems like not making the decision as described in the manual. Why does it cost 1 PP?

Perhaps a selection that costs no PP's is needed for this decision (and all other decisions). "Delegate to ___".

A "Delegate" response is equivalent to end turn without making the decision, however, it more natural and purposeful for the player to select how to handle a decision. It also offers the opportunity to see the outcome of the delegation.

Finally, with respect to delegation, the language in the manual as quoted above is vague and contradictory.

Is the official using their profile or not? What constitutes neutral or safe?

Do delegated decisions also impact regime profile? It hurts our Word score?

Other than some value changes, can the player see what was decided and the outcome in the same text format as presented when making a decision? The letterbox contains no messages about delegated decisions at the next turn.

With respect to delegated decisions, do real-time decisions as opposed to an archived decisions change the outcomes?

Finally, as a helpful guide for players. The official should always make a recommendation. This provides a reasonable hint to the player how the official will decided if the decision is delegated.

As you see in the image, the Governor provides no input to the decision when he is the most responsible and influenced party. Does his +3 relation outcome indicate that is the delegated decision? It's his skill roll being made; shouldn't he make and provide an assessment? Also, since we let him make the decision does that improve or damage relations?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Malevolence -- 6/21/2020 1:19:38 AM >

Nicht kleckern, sondern klotzen!

*Please remember all posts are made by a malevolent, autocratic despot whose rule is marked by unjust severity and arbitrary behavior. Your experiences may vary.
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> Delegated Decisions and No Political Points Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI