Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Distribute Priests to OHQ

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Distribute Priests to OHQ Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Distribute Priests to OHQ - 6/19/2020 1:25:43 AM   
Tomn

So cult priests are pretty neat and useful and there's more or less no reason not to plop them on the units you want to see in the heaviest fighting. Unfortunately, it's also kind of a pain to manually select each unit to assign four or more different kinds of priest at a go, and manually checking each unit to check if they need a replacement priest after having fighting is also kind of annoying.

Would it be possible to make it so that if you target the "distribute priest" card on a OHQ, it automatically assigns one of the selected priest type to each unit in the formation if they don't already have such a priest, randomly distributing the priests amongst the formation if there's not enough to cover the entire formation? It'd cut down quite a bit on tedious micromanagement while still allowing you to double-up priests on specific formations or whatever other plans you have.
Post #: 1
RE: Distribute Priests to OHQ - 6/19/2020 1:34:50 AM   
zgrssd

All unit feats only affect a fixed number of troops, and you only get room for 1/fixed number of troops. For priests it was afaik:
Embedds with: 5 Subunits
Capacity: 1/10 Subunits

So if you ever - somehow - end up using bigger unit sizes, more then 1 is advisable.

I agree it is annoying to distibute them, if you got the cult rather happy. And it can even become hard on the eyes, if there are any other unit feats in units.

(in reply to Tomn)
Post #: 2
RE: Distribute Priests to OHQ - 6/19/2020 6:38:04 AM   
Tomn

Honestly, anything to cut down the micro would be good. A new card that blanket offers one priest to every unit in the OHQ if the cult is really happy with you. A system where priests are auto-assigned like other feats but you can designate specific formations to get priority on them. Just plain somehow making it easier to quickly select and assign a bunch of priests to a bunch of units at once. Anything!

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Distribute Priests to OHQ Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI