Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

German HQ for relevant forces

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> German HQ for relevant forces Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
German HQ for relevant forces - 6/18/2020 9:17:55 AM   
cavalry

It has been explained to me before that Mountain units benefit from being attached to Mountain HQ units. This is fair enough because those units would have the infrastructure spare parts et cetera et cetera to give those units particular attention.

My question now relates to FJ units. In my game in Italy 43/45 FJ HQ is now on the map one would think that parachute infantry and support units would attract some modest benefit from being attached to their historical style HQ. Is that the case? I do hope so as otherwise these units would not probably exist.

Your replies are welcome.
Post #: 1
RE: German HQ for relevant forces - 6/18/2020 2:18:25 PM   
loki100

a) not true

b) the specific gain for FJ units reporting to a FJ corps is the command range is set to one side and they are treated as if they are within 1 hex of the HQ for leadership rolls etc.

c) there are advantages to hooking Pzrs etc to Pzr Corps, fairly clear in the manual

(in reply to cavalry)
Post #: 2
RE: German HQ for relevant forces - 6/18/2020 2:24:36 PM   
cavalry

Thanks for the reply.

Ok so mountain units gain no benefit from being attached to a Mountain HQ??? So what is the point of a MTN HQ. I am sure in a previous post it was given that there was an advantage to mountain units being attached to their relevant HQ's.

But you are saying that FJ units do have an advantage of being attached to a FJ HQ by the sounds of it. In that they are always treated as being within one hex range... Rather than 3,4, 5 et cetera. Okay I can believe that and sounds fairly reasonable. Surely mountain units would be treated the same?

Yes I know that PZ units have an advantage being attached to Panzer Corps HQ's et cetera. That seems reasonable and fair. One would think that these HQ's had logistics and arrangements set up with a view to supporting their subunits of a particular type in general.

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 3
RE: German HQ for relevant forces - 6/18/2020 4:19:29 PM   
loki100

well if there is an advantage for mtn corps/units then its undocumented. As far as I know the mtn corps are in the game for historical accuracy.

The FJ and Pzr rules are in the game manual

(in reply to cavalry)
Post #: 4
RE: German HQ for relevant forces - 6/18/2020 7:13:10 PM   
cavalry

OK thanks for explaining. I was thinking with the fragmented nature of the German Army competing for resources that MTN units were kind of their own arm to an extent as well. Bt then again there is no difference between SS units in regular XXX or SS XXX I suppose.

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> German HQ for relevant forces Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI