Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Shadow Empire Suggestions and Feedback

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> RE: Shadow Empire Suggestions and Feedback Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Shadow Empire Suggestions and Feedback - 12/13/2020 2:01:13 AM   
valkyrion

Hi, hopefully this is the right place to post this. I bought it on the steam release and spent some time watching the Dastactic's youtube tutorials. My biggest issue was on a 34" widescreen the UI and units were just to small for me to see. I did play at the native resolution and enable the magnification, but I still felt like I couldn't zoom in enough to really see the unit counters in detail. Also I found it difficult to read through the text in general. Is there any further options other then lowering the resolution?

< Message edited by valkyrion -- 12/13/2020 2:03:51 AM >

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 31
RE: Shadow Empire Suggestions and Feedback - 12/13/2020 3:58:26 AM   
mroyer

quote:

ORIGINAL: valkyrion

Hi, hopefully this is the right place to post this. I bought it on the steam release and spent some time watching the Dastactic's youtube tutorials. My biggest issue was on a 34" widescreen the UI and units were just to small for me to see. I did play at the native resolution and enable the magnification, but I still felt like I couldn't zoom in enough to really see the unit counters in detail. Also I found it difficult to read through the text in general. Is there any further options other then lowering the resolution?

I have the same problem with a large monitor.
I've set the resolution as shown in the image below and it is working very nicely for me - the units are plenty big on the most zoomed in level and everything is readable.

-Mark R.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to valkyrion)
Post #: 32
RE: Shadow Empire Suggestions and Feedback - 12/13/2020 1:23:54 PM   
Dan1911

Aquifer wells would make more sense then ice mining for water IMHO

(in reply to mroyer)
Post #: 33
RE: Shadow Empire Suggestions and Feedback - 12/13/2020 7:44:17 PM   
Destragon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dan1911

Aquifer wells would make more sense then ice mining for water IMHO

I've always prefered seeing the ice deposits like "old pre-apocalypse water tanks/reservoirs", because some of these planets just don't have any water/ice, especially lava planets.

(in reply to Dan1911)
Post #: 34
RE: Shadow Empire Suggestions and Feedback - 12/15/2020 7:29:28 AM   
KarisFraMauro

My biggest hurdle is definitely understanding what the heck I'm doing. I've watched all the Das Tactics tutorials, and am doing what I can with the 300-plus page manual, but it's clear even Das is frequently perplexed and the manual is not only enormous but muddled.

So keeping in mind the old saying about lighting a candle rather than cursing the darkness, tutorial scenarios would be of HUGE assistance. Say just very very simplified examples of different aspects of the game, maybe one focused on building up a city, another on founding a city, another combat oriented, another with a diplomatic focus or what have you. That kind of thing.

As it is when something goes wrong (as is frequently the case) I'm never sure if it's because I'm missing some kind of incredibly opaque and obscure nuance (you can't do x? it's clearly laid out in subsection three of menu tab four on page eight of the reports provided you select option two and it's not a wednesday. Obviously) or an outright bug. And I'm a little hesitant to ask because I'm sure the same question has already been asked countless times...

It's unfortunate because this is definitely a cool game. I just worry people will grab it expecting something like Civilization only to discover they've bitten off a lot more than they can chew. I remember investing in Hearts of Iron 3 when it was on sale because I loved the first two, but there weren't any real instructions and it ended up just gathering dust.

(in reply to eheiser)
Post #: 35
RE: Shadow Empire Suggestions and Feedback - 12/15/2020 8:20:27 PM   
kicktothehead

Please allow us to do something to get rid of militia :)
I have a gazillion milita units all chewing through my food and they can fight an ant!

:)

(in reply to valkyrion)
Post #: 36
RE: Shadow Empire Suggestions and Feedback - 12/15/2020 9:15:43 PM   
Twotribes

quote:

ORIGINAL: kicktothehead

Please allow us to do something to get rid of militia :)
I have a gazillion milita units all chewing through my food and they can fight an ant!

:)

Simply use them to explore out past your supply range. )

(in reply to kicktothehead)
Post #: 37
RE: Shadow Empire Suggestions and Feedback - 12/15/2020 9:21:29 PM   
Twotribes

Also after 30 turns the militia start to get your regular starting equipment and will upgrade to newer stuff as you progress.

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 38
RE: Shadow Empire Suggestions and Feedback - 12/16/2020 2:09:46 PM   
kicktothehead

"Simply use them to explore out past your supply range. )"

Haha great idea

quote:

ORIGINAL: Twotribes

Also after 30 turns the militia start to get your regular starting equipment and will upgrade to newer stuff as you progress.

this is did not know thank you for the info!

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 39
RE: Shadow Empire Suggestions and Feedback - 4/15/2021 10:32:48 AM   
Pawsy

An option to save my Empire name, unit colour, icon etc. QOL improvement please.

Shadow Empire beta tester
valor and victory beta tester

(in reply to eheiser)
Post #: 40
RE: Shadow Empire Suggestions and Feedback - 7/22/2021 5:00:46 PM   
Ornithocephalus

One of my greatest frustrations in the game, and one that I've heard DasTactic complain about during his playthroughs, is taking reputation hits for failing to achieve leader requests (e.g. raise government score to a specific level) without being given any opportunity do so. It would be nice if the game adjusted the reputation hit based on the opportunities you were give to fulfill (or partially fulfill) each request. Maybe this is coded into the game already. (I have not investigated this.) If so, then nevermind!

Also, it seems to me that if you deny a leader's request there should be a longer cool down (>10 turns, at least, or maybe >10 leader requests might be better) before they, or another leader, are allowed to make the same request. Taking a reputation hit for refusing to accept (or accepting and failing) the same request within a relatively short interval simply stinks. I can see how phenomena might have been designed into the game purposefully to model such political frustrations in the real world, but it certainly detracts from my overall enjoyment of the game, depending on the run.

Thanks.

(in reply to Pawsy)
Post #: 41
RE: Shadow Empire Suggestions and Feedback - 7/23/2021 11:12:51 AM   
BlueTemplar

Some of the profile changing decisions are more easy to manipulate to get than others.

IIRC DasTactic forgets to mention that he doesn't play with Cults nor Crime nor Corporation, especially the latter of which can give you +Gov basically on demand. He also tends to forget checking what promises he made.

Agree about the repeated demands, maybe more variety of demands is required so that they at least sometimes give you a different option ? (Of course you can always do it artificially by scrapping relevant public assets, but it feels a bit gamey ?)

(in reply to Ornithocephalus)
Post #: 42
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> RE: Shadow Empire Suggestions and Feedback Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI