I am really enjoying this game; awesome how it combines modelling of grand strategy, economics, logistics, citybuilding, detailed war game mechanics and more. These are some ideas and suggestions I have thought about so far:
- Waterworlds + some islands (like the Kosner movie), seasteading cities, ruins would be old oil tankers/rigs etc, naval units for both normal maps with water and Waterworlds. Amphibious operations.
- Air units. Early tech: Hot-air balloons/airships primarily for recon. Highest tech: jets, helicopters, air transports etc.
- More fortifications; walls, barbed wire fences, tank traps, trenches, minefields (that can be built like roads), artillery strongpoints, turret forts (AA, machine gun, canon etc).
- Custom planets where you can select every characteristic: for example, so you can easily choose to have a desert planet with life. Or to select exactly what creatures will be on the planet.
- Sniper unit with large caliber anti-material rifle which can do ranged attacks on infantry or vehicles.
- Spec Ops units that do not capture territory but can plant mines on roads to limit supply points and sabotage or plant explosives in assets. Perhaps they have a percentage chance of being detected depending on the kind of units that are around them. They could also have a tracking ability to know what direction a unit went in the last turn or two.
- Biological, radiological and chemical warfare agents
- Not sure if there are giant Sandworms as a non-alighned creature but we need them to play a more Dune like game.
- Subterranean warfare would also be interesting to consider (tunneling APC transports and tanks that can travel underground undetected and pop up for surprise attacks).
- Hunting/foraging stations on planets with life would be a good way to get food early on if the planet is suitable
Look forward to discussing these suggestions and others. Will be great to see new content for this game!
< Message edited by HawkishStance -- 7/10/2020 4:49:45 PM >