Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Logistics QOL without core changes

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Logistics QOL without core changes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Logistics QOL without core changes - 6/17/2020 1:56:31 AM   
Malevolence

With respect to logistics, I would recommend three added elements to logistics to improve player QOL.

(1) A mobile staging base or unit away from the SHQ. Player's sacrifice efficiency with this optional two-turn delivery method. The base or unit has a warehouse fulfillment feature like the SHQ. Units can fill requisitions from this piece if within its zone. The same "Replacement" UI already used by the game could be used to create requisitions and fill this piece with equipment. Static, it moves via strategic move and weighted logistics points. Stockpiles can be released back to the SHQ.

(2) A mobile unit called "Logistics" or "Logistics Release Point" for OHQ formations that can extend Operational Logistics Truck Points in order to allow units to push further away from roads and civilization. Combat units' operational logistics move to this unit for deliveries. This unit extends its operational logistics back to the supply routes as is done now. Like (1), this is a two-turn delivery method. Supplies arrive in the logistics unit and wait for the next turn for pickup from the combat unit's field trains. A mobile unit, the stockpiles are limited to the sum capacity of the combat units' operational logistics. To visualize the concept, the combat units are colocating their operational logistics truck points at this unit. (See below note for more information and image)

(3) A "Red Ball Express" (i.e. main supply route) with some appropriate cost that allows players to reduce the truck action point cost from a start point to a release point along a road route. Player assigns a start point (SP) and release point (RP) and a route is generated. Given the distance in hexes, some cost is calculated and paid.

All three of these options create very nice attack surfaces as well. As other systems are fully developed, like long-range fires, aircraft, ships, etc., elements like these offer vulnerabilities and targets.

Reference thread:

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4826994

NOTE: Per image, a Field Trains concept exists IRL for tactical-level units (Division and below). In this graphic, the author is suggesting removing the Brigade's Field Trains CP and making some other adjustments.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Malevolence -- 7/3/2020 6:42:10 AM >

Nicht kleckern, sondern klotzen!

*Please remember all posts are made by a malevolent, autocratic despot whose rule is marked by unjust severity and arbitrary behavior. Your experiences may vary.
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Logistics QOL without core changes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI