Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Changes with 72

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> War Room >> Changes with 72 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Changes with 72 - 6/16/2020 9:07:07 PM   
kennonlightfoot

I was just wanting to confirm that what I am seeing is something that was added in 7-72 upgrades since I haven't kept up with beta but didn't see items in the upgrade list that would account for the changes.

UBoats now are attacking Convoy's twice during the turn. I don't remember ever seeing this before.

UBoats got a major boost in effectiveness. I am seeing an average of 8 merchants sunk per turn when all three Axis units are out. Over 40 sunk in the first five months of the war.

Carriers don't appear to have any effectiveness against UBoats. I don't know whether any of the research items change this, maybe carrier or Naval Air?).

I am see a new response from trying to attack UBoats with carriers. Every once and a while it gives a "+1" resort which seems like some kind of search result it returns instead of the normal found nothing. Does appear to do anything though.

Also, have notice that UK and French surface raiders are killing any merchants on the Norway convoy route. I am suspected the "old" system which only showed the route "on" when the Germans used it but now it is on whether they are using it or not. Either that are some other change occurred that prevents Allied ships from attacking German merchants on the iron run.

Another change I notice but haven't checked in the update list for, it looks like Canada now starts with no Transport capacity. I didn't notice this until after I somehow moved the first Canada unit received to the UK. Still trying to figure out how I got it there because my next attempt showed no ships for transport.

< Message edited by kennonlightfoot -- 6/16/2020 9:20:00 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Changes with 72 - 6/17/2020 1:05:30 PM   
ComadrejaKorp

I was just wanting to confirm that what I am seeing is something that was added in 7-72 upgrades since I haven't kept up with beta but didn't see items in the upgrade list that would account for the changes.

UBoats now are attacking Convoy's twice during the turn. I don't remember ever seeing this before. DEPENDS ON HOW MANY OPERATINGS POINTS YOU HAVE

UBoats got a major boost in effectiveness. I am seeing an average of 8 merchants sunk per turn when all three Axis units are out. Over 40 sunk in the first five months of the war.THAT´S RIGHT

Carriers don't appear to have any effectiveness against UBoats. I don't know whether any of the research items change this, maybe carrier or Naval Air?).IF THEY ARE FAR FROM COAST (LOW RECONNAISSANCE) IT IS DIFFICULT BUT NOT IMPOSSIBLE

I am see a new response from trying to attack UBoats with carriers. Every once and a while it gives a "+1" resort which seems like some kind of search result it returns instead of the normal found nothing. Does appear to do anything though. INTERESTING, NEVER SEE THAT

Also, have notice that UK and French surface raiders are killing any merchants on the Norway convoy route. I am suspected the "old" system which only showed the route "on" when the Germans used it but now it is on whether they are using it or not. Either that are some other change occurred that prevents Allied ships from attacking German merchants on the iron run. YOU CAN TURN OFF ROUTE

Another change I notice but haven't checked in the update list for, it looks like Canada now starts with no Transport capacity. I didn't notice this until after I somehow moved the first Canada unit received to the UK. Still trying to figure out how I got it there because my next attempt showed no ships for transport.
SINCE 1.071 Minor ally uses major ally transports, any transport or landingship that buys minor ally will go to the major ally's pool.

(in reply to kennonlightfoot)
Post #: 2
RE: Changes with 72 - 6/17/2020 3:39:47 PM   
kennonlightfoot

What appears new on convoy route handling is that it now doesn't give any information to the opponent. Under 6 if you turned off the convoy route to Norway the "White Line" showing convoy routes disappeared so the opponent knew you weren't using it. I guess our intel people got dumber.

I think I figured out the Canada problem. They show 0 Transports but you can still click the "0" and it will "borrow" transports from the UK. I can't remember if under previous versions it automatically showed the available UK transports in this spot or not. Old age is hell on memory.

(in reply to ComadrejaKorp)
Post #: 3
RE: Changes with 72 - 6/19/2020 3:21:52 PM   
AlvaroSousa

There is a small UI bug for the minor transports and support pool. It is being fixed in the coming patch. Minors use their major power's support pool except air transports and oilers I believe. Oilers if they are a lone fleet. Some changes I have to make to the code that might fix this. Sometimes I can't fix things I didn't plan for.

Uboat wars havent changed. I am playing 2 .72 games and there is no change in the battle of the atlantic. There is luck in this game also.

Games worked on

Designer of the Strategic Command 2 products
- Brute Force (mod)
- Assault on Communism
- Assault on Democracy

Designer of the Strategic Command 3 products
- Map Image Importer

(in reply to kennonlightfoot)
Post #: 4
RE: Changes with 72 - 6/19/2020 4:56:35 PM   
kennonlightfoot

It does appear I was mislead by the early success of the UBoats. For some reason they rolled snake-eyes repeatedly in their first battles skewing the results. Since then their kills have mostly been in more reasonable ranges of 0-3.

(in reply to AlvaroSousa)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> War Room >> Changes with 72 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI