Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Orange unit markers

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> Orange unit markers Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Orange unit markers - 6/16/2020 3:04:40 PM   
Frostwave

Hi Vic, Using latest build 1.03 beta 4. During history playback my units are showing as orange and enemy units on the right of them are missing. At end of phase when I run history again the regular grey icons are back

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Frostwave -- 6/16/2020 4:27:58 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Orange unit markers - 6/16/2020 4:00:59 PM   
Frostwave

I think I caught this one so you can squash it. Got a saved game where the first time I reloaded it, it didn't have orange units but units from my army were missing on far left. Tried again and this time only units on far left turned orange. Tried it 3rd time and everything seemed to be ok, so tried it fourth time and units on far left disappeared. One other thing to note is I hit end turn when playing and had decisions left so when I was reloading the save to see how often the bug occurs I would always leave the decisions alone like I accidentally did when I first ran the turn. Will send save file to you and hopes this helps.

< Message edited by Frostwave -- 6/16/2020 4:26:00 PM >

(in reply to Frostwave)
Post #: 2
RE: Orange unit markers - 6/17/2020 12:04:26 PM   
Frostwave

Seems to happen a decent amount of time on this current save as I play through it.

(in reply to Frostwave)
Post #: 3
RE: Orange unit markers - 6/17/2020 5:10:04 PM   
Malevolence

Same problem during AI turns. This has been happening for a number of updates.

Map layers at the time of "Next turn" were Show Units, Show Labels, Show Penalty, Show Grid, Show Color, and Show Operational Logistics. Resolution is 2560x1600; checked High Speed Gfx; unchecked Mouse Lock; no DPI scaling checked.

Changes my unit colors and others to orange. My units are red; a few are displayed in red.

Also noted zone boundaries are not accurately displayed. The "boundary line" running north to south, near the center (second 1/3), seems to be a vertical skew. Notice the errors in water. The first third is copied in the last 1/3.

I walk away from the game during AI turns. I look at the forum instead. The history at the start of my orders phase is simpler to follow. From my perspective, the the AI view seems like a work in progress and is difficult to follow at the moment. The game may have issues switching between ticks for display and ticks for unregulated AI calculations.

Maybe run the AI decisions first and then run the same History we see in the UI automatically at the start of the player's order phase--much like the VIDCOM. I have not noticed visual errors in the History.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Malevolence -- 6/17/2020 6:34:55 PM >

Nicht kleckern, sondern klotzen!

*Please remember all posts are made by a malevolent, autocratic despot whose rule is marked by unjust severity and arbitrary behavior. Your experiences may vary.

(in reply to Frostwave)
Post #: 4
RE: Orange unit markers - 6/17/2020 6:10:18 PM   
Malevolence

The normal map view of the same general area at the end of the turn (i.e. before running next turn above).

Also -- 1000th Post! If it counted edits, the value would be 1 billion posts. So far no P1K bug. The universe is still here, despite dire predictions in an ancient Mayan BBS message.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Malevolence -- 6/17/2020 6:28:59 PM >

*Please remember all posts are made by a malevolent, autocratic despot whose rule is marked by unjust severity and arbitrary behavior. Your experiences may vary.

(in reply to Malevolence)
Post #: 5
RE: Orange unit markers - 6/17/2020 6:36:48 PM   
Frostwave

Ya only seems to do this during AI phase and not in the history playback after I start the turn. Have to keep an eye on it though since I only check it if combat happened during ai phase.

Post #: 6
RE: Orange unit markers - 6/17/2020 7:59:31 PM   
Malevolence

Another test complete. I only get the visual errors if I move the map view during the AI turn.

If I let the AI turn run without touching the mouse, the map does not display the above image's errors.

< Message edited by Malevolence -- 6/17/2020 8:00:31 PM >

(in reply to Frostwave)
Post #: 7
RE: Orange unit markers - 6/17/2020 9:22:16 PM   
Frostwave

Excellent find will have to try it out. I have a habit of moving mouse around.

Post #: 8
RE: Orange unit markers - 6/18/2020 1:22:24 PM   
Vic

I think i nailed it this time for v1.03-beta6

coming soon

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to Frostwave)
Post #: 9
RE: Orange unit markers - 6/18/2020 2:52:05 PM   
Frostwave

You the man Vic;
Lean, mean, bug killing machine!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> Orange unit markers Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI