Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Resource preview after planet generation

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Resource preview after planet generation Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Resource preview after planet generation - 6/16/2020 2:33:30 AM   
Jdane

Forgive me if it's a thing and I haven't noticed it exists already. I lack experience with planet generation.

In the spirit of giving the player more agency, I figured it would be good to be able to preview the resources on a planet before actually starting playing on it.

I don't know how resources are generated and thus if it is indeed feasible, but the idea is being able to view the resource deposits in a similar way the Strategic Map allows for explored territory, after planet generation is done and before the game is started. (So, maybe just before colonization since I believe you can't quite see the map from that point?)

This way the player could assess if there are for example metals or not and decide if they are up for the challenge or would rather re-roll.

The idea came to mind after reading some people's experience of finding out after sometimes several dozen turns there were not much metals or oil on their current game's planet and being somewhat frustrated by this.

With this feature, hardcore players would still be able to play in a challenging environment if they accept the roll and go with it, or even go blind if they fancy and this is implemented as an option, and more casual ones would be guaranteed they would not have to abandon the game they have invested time in because of a lack of resources and thus limited options and increased difficulty.

< Message edited by Jdane -- 6/16/2020 2:50:34 AM >
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Resource preview after planet generation Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI