Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Probably a long shot

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Probably a long shot Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Probably a long shot - 6/16/2020 1:47:09 AM   
jmkas

I have played this game for countless hours a long time ago. Recently I got the bug to play it again. Don't know why, but I want to.

So I downloaded the install files, gave it a go and nothing. I am running Win 10 Home v 1903. I get the windows prompt to allow the program to make changes to my PC, say ok, a few seconds pass and windows asks me if the install was successful. Of course it was not. There are options to troubleshoot, try again in comparability mode (XP SP3, Win 7, Win 8, I don't know, etc) which I do try all, but nothing. There are no install files/folders that I can see, error logs, or even a message. Just as spinning circle above the mouse cursor for a few seconds after I click the install file.

Has anyone had any success installing and running the game recently?

Thanks
Joe
Post #: 1
RE: Probably a long shot - 6/17/2020 4:19:40 AM   
Edorf

Try running the installer as administrator. To play the game use DxWnd. On the last part this thread may be helpful:

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3912371

Good luck

(in reply to jmkas)
Post #: 2
RE: Probably a long shot - 7/21/2020 2:45:32 AM   
jmkas

Thanks Edorf for the tip and the link. I bookmarked that for reference. The issue I was having was that the installer was not even launching, let alone giving me a menu to start the game.

I tinkered around with some things to see what was going on. I even was able to install WiTP Admirals Edition without an issue. On a whim I disabled my MalwareBytes and tried the UV installer again and it worked!

Now its finally time to try the game again!

Thanks
Joe

(in reply to Edorf)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Probably a long shot Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI