Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Help required with buildings

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> Close Combat The Bloody First - Modding >> Help required with buildings Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Help required with buildings - 6/15/2020 9:34:08 PM   
Nomada_Firefox

This is for the developers. Can you share a building in fbx format? I have problems stopping the vehicles entering my new buildings and it is some from the model for sure.
Post #: 1
RE: Help required with buildings - 6/16/2020 4:29:45 PM   
Steve McClaire

Will see about getting a sample building FBX.

Does your building contain details? Make sure the main mesh for the building didn't end up as a child of something tagged 'detail_' or the whole thing will be treated as a detail (and these aren't hit tested.)

(in reply to Nomada_Firefox)
Post #: 2
RE: Help required with buildings - 6/16/2020 9:19:18 PM   
Nomada_Firefox

Yes, it was not the problem. The detail feature is very good and it runs, you can get different building colors with one single model. Just I am curious because the originals do not use it too much, just I saw it in few buildings. However, I have edited it.

The problem with the tanks entering was the pivot positions. Because I noted how the buildings floor covered just the middle of the buildings and I thought how the pivot could be looking to the roof. Some strange. Looking the bocage fbx model shared, I could see how the pivots were in the archon tool.
Z is the red.
X is the blue
Y is the green
At least correlation with the pivots at 3Dmax.

Now I have the buildings running but I would like the fbx example from a building, one with outside and walkable area, not just for me, just for everybody, it is very interesting if we want make models as your models or at least similar in many things.

In the four buildings added by me, I added different chimney, roof and walls details. I edited a normandy texture for to be a bit better with a less complex model. Just with the windows and doors painted in the alpha because your models look as if the windows were in the mesh. I tested them in game and they run very well.

(in reply to Steve McClaire)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> Close Combat The Bloody First - Modding >> Help required with buildings Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI