Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Water is too easy on seth planets

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Water is too easy on seth planets Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Water is too easy on seth planets - 6/15/2020 6:03:42 PM   
FAA

I created a Seth planet with a temperature of about 65 degrees, and no rainfall, and yet it’s extremely easy to find water. I am playing on a huge planet, presently occupying about 20% of it, and I have found about 14 ice sources for mines (ice makes little sense but whatever). Other factions don’t have a problem with it either. It seems very unrealistic. I expected brutal wars over the last remaining sources of it, perhaps piss recycling like in Waterworld, costly public projects to obtain it somehow from the ground, but it’s just too easy. Geysers are also way too abundant.

Also, how are rain catchers supposed to work? If there’s no hydrogen or barely any oxygen in the atmosphere? Again, very unrealistic.

< Message edited by FAA -- 6/15/2020 6:09:06 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Water is too easy on seth planets - 6/15/2020 6:10:16 PM   
FAA

As a separate suggestion, what about starting on a planet like this with technology to make water by combining oxygen and hydrogen? It seems more realistic. You should also be able to dig them up or get from free settlements (they need something like that to survive after all).

< Message edited by FAA -- 6/15/2020 6:11:30 PM >

(in reply to FAA)
Post #: 2
RE: Water is too easy on seth planets - 6/15/2020 6:47:02 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: FAA

As a separate suggestion, what about starting on a planet like this with technology to make water by combining oxygen and hydrogen? It seems more realistic. You should also be able to dig them up or get from free settlements (they need something like that to survive after all).

That is basically "Water Soil Recomposition", minus the Soil.
Another source for water is the "Wind Trap", but that one can only be placed in Mountains.

A bunch of those watermines might only be there so the regimes have a viable source at game start.

(in reply to FAA)
Post #: 3
RE: Water is too easy on seth planets - 6/15/2020 7:04:08 PM   
FAA

quote:

ORIGINAL: zgrssd

quote:

That is basically "Water Soil Recomposition", minus the Soil.
Another source for water is the "Wind Trap", but that one can only be placed in Mountains.

A bunch of those watermines might only be there so the regimes have a viable source at game start.

There aren’t that many regimes compared to water zones. Other large regimes have about 2-3 ice mines each so they are extremely abundant.

How would wind trap work without anything to trap that can be turned into water?

It’s easier to explain it through artificial means - pre-apocalypse that sort of equipment would have been essential so there should still be a lot left.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 4
RE: Water is too easy on seth planets - 6/15/2020 7:59:46 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

How would wind trap work without anything to trap that can be turned into water?

There is always water in the air. Just really small amounts.
But that is why the Wind Trap produces 1:5th of a Water Mine, at the same cost.

(in reply to FAA)
Post #: 5
RE: Water is too easy on seth planets - 6/15/2020 10:10:22 PM   
FAA

quote:

ORIGINAL: zgrssd

quote:

There is always water in the air. Just really small amounts.
But that is why the Wind Trap produces 1:5th of a Water Mine, at the same cost.

Some planets have more water than others, I’d love to see different variations for different atmospheres.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 6
RE: Water is too easy on seth planets - 6/16/2020 12:28:02 AM   
GodwinW

The randomness is this game is broad, and I love that. Means even on similar planets experiences may differ a lot.
Also means you sometimes get this. But you also get situations where stuff is extremely scarce.

(in reply to FAA)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Water is too easy on seth planets Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI