Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Phantom Vichy French Oil

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Phantom Vichy French Oil Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Phantom Vichy French Oil - 6/15/2020 12:19:19 AM   
JJeffreyDonahue

France had a Vichy French government installed Jul/Aug 1940. Before that France was saving the 1 oil lent by Iraq in Beirut. At the time of Vichy installation there was one saved oil in Beirut. Lebanon-Syria went Vichy French so the 1 saved oil became Vichy. Vichy France railed that 1 saved oil to Vichy in Sep/Oct 1940. In Sep/Oct 1940 and thereafter Iraq loans 1 oil to Germany, which uses it. At the Production Planning Final step of Sep/Oct 1940 the game shows Germany getting 1 oil from Iraq (Kirkuk) and the Vichy French oil in Beirut being saved in Vichy.

Move to Nov/Dec 1940 Production Planning preliminary, which I will attach in a subsequent post. The oil from Iraq is still being loaned to Germany. The 1 saved oil from Beirut that was railed to Vichy is shown as being saved in Vichy. However, another Vichy French saved oil has appeared in Beirut. The last game I started about 6 of these had appeared in Beirut had appeared before I noticed the problem because I wasn't building anything with Vichy France. This game I am fixing the problem temporarily by sending the phantom saved oil to Vichy French production, then not saving the build point. That keeps the amount of phantom Vichy French oil in Beirut down to 1 per turn.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Phantom Vichy French Oil - 6/15/2020 12:21:50 AM   
JJeffreyDonahue

Here is the Nov/Dec 1940 Production Planning Preliminary file needed to complete my discussion in the last post.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to JJeffreyDonahue)
Post #: 2
RE: Phantom Vichy French Oil - 6/15/2020 12:26:37 AM   
JJeffreyDonahue

Here is the Nov/Dec 1940 Production Planning Final step still showing the extra Vichy French oil in Beirut.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 3
RE: Phantom Vichy French Oil - 6/21/2020 7:38:57 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

Thank you for the detailed information.

I have been aware of this problem but I have only seen it in NetPlay games.

I should be able to figure it out using your stuff.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

Post #: 4
RE: Phantom Vichy French Oil - 6/22/2020 6:42:01 PM   
rkr1958

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets
I have been aware of this problem but I have only seen it in NetPlay games.
Another non-netplay sample: https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4834845

Ronnie

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 5
RE: Phantom Vichy French Oil - 6/23/2020 2:59:45 AM   
JJeffreyDonahue

Part of the issue here may be that the game does not automatically clear the loan information and destination from resources that are no longer loaned. I found this after the Commonwealth quit loaning resources to China after Japan closed the Burma road. The previously loaned resources were still shown the next turn as having destinations in China until that information was manually cleared. I suggest that if there is a reduction or elimination of previously loaned resources that during the lending stage the resources that were loaned the previous turn have their lending status and destinations removed from the default information automatically.

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Phantom Vichy French Oil Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI