Councils are a important part of the game taht we see a lot of, so I had some ideas for Improovements:
1. The Add Council choice, should tell us what the council will do:
- wich feature (Model Discovery, Model Design) it unlocks
- at least how many, but ideally wich precise Strategems - including those unlocked via the Profile - this Council would generate. It would really get more people to use the Interior and Secret Service Council, if they realized just how much of their Profile power is behind it. Also, it would give the Staff Council a boost.
It is especially bad for councils without unlockable Strategems, as those will not even be on the radar of msot players (poor Foreign office).
2. All Budget items that are about Generating Strtegems should say so. With "Taxation", "Tariffs" and "Human Resource" I am thinking of passive bonuses, not Strategems! And with teh Foreign Council I asumed those were bonuses to rolls I was giving out, not Strategem Draw chances.
Also a list of wich precise stratgems each group had would help.
3. National Budget should show us the Leader of the council, so we know who we can upset with slashing their budget...
4. It would be nice if we could somehow include leaders that are already employed into the considerations for some councils. Something like a toggle. Maybe a way to earmark some guys for "this guy should go to Diplomacy Council, if I get one" or "this one should go into a Brigade, when I get one".
Or just a toggle "include already Employed leaders."
I prefer the earmarking, as that means I do not have to remember everyones skills.
5. It would be nice if cards that a "Normally played by Council X" would get a bonus when played by the right council. It would help if we knew just being in the Diplomatic Council would train the Council Leaders diplomacy, but this would give a imemdaite effect to have a guy(council dedicate to one job.
Make sure it is framed as a bonus, however. Even with the same numbers, that is somehow more palatable for the players
6. Some Councils have 4, rather then 2 Tasks. That is a issue, as during the National Budget I have to remind myself they need a "double share" because they split their stuff further.
Of course it might be best to just split the offending councils into 2 with 2 tasks each and/or integrate some council functions (particulary research).
7. The National budget needs a "equalize spending" button. Also keep in mind the part where some things need a "double share".
8. Some Council Budget Items, will transfer their BP another item if htey got nothing to do (like Discovery switching to Research or vice versa, if nothing is there to do for them). Please make sure they all have such a fallback and that they properly say they got this fallback, both in the report and during the budget assignment.
9. Apparently there is a cap on how much BP you can spend effectively on 1 Task (100 BP, I think). Consider a warning if a budget setting would put stuff over that.
Also a information if some task receives bonus points would be nice.