Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Supplies suddenly stop

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Supplies suddenly stop Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Supplies suddenly stop - 6/13/2020 6:03:49 PM   
Ekaton

What's wrong here and why do supplies suddenly stop, despite a truck depot and a supply depot?

I need ten females for each male...
Post #: 1
RE: Supplies suddenly stop - 6/13/2020 6:11:21 PM   
Vhalor

Looks like the trucks ran out of AP? (Also a worker shortage, in case you didn't realize that)

< Message edited by Vhalor -- 6/13/2020 6:15:00 PM >

(in reply to Ekaton)
Post #: 2
RE: Supplies suddenly stop - 6/13/2020 6:14:27 PM   
Naselus

As far as I can tell, most logi buildings don't appear to provide their points during upgrades. I crippled my entire rail network at one point by taking my only station from level 1 to level 2.

(in reply to Ekaton)
Post #: 3
RE: Supplies suddenly stop - 6/13/2020 6:14:40 PM   
Ekaton

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vhalor

Looks like the trucks ran out of AP?

But why? They ran alright a turn ago.

(in reply to Vhalor)
Post #: 4
RE: Supplies suddenly stop - 6/13/2020 6:17:28 PM   
Vhalor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ekaton

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vhalor

Looks like the trucks ran out of AP?

But why? They ran alright a turn ago.

Because of the worker shortage. Truck station II only provides 36 AP and the supply base another 24...

(in reply to Ekaton)
Post #: 5
RE: Supplies suddenly stop - 6/13/2020 6:17:57 PM   
FAA

Oh, I see, thanks!

(in reply to Vhalor)
Post #: 6
RE: Supplies suddenly stop - 6/13/2020 6:40:15 PM   
Naselus

quote:

Because of the worker shortage. Truck station II only provides 36 AP and the supply base another 24...

That still doesn't make sense tho. He's getting 0 LIS into the tile directly next to the truck stop. Even with the worker shortage it should reach a couple of tiles.

The worker shortage is reducing his T2 truck stop from 4kish LIS over 100ish LAP to 1382 LIS over 36 LAP - plus the 24 from the supply base. He should be able to spread the large supply surplus across several tiles, but instead he can't.

The truck station 2 undergoing the upgrade clearly isn't operating.

(in reply to Vhalor)
Post #: 7
RE: Supplies suddenly stop - 6/13/2020 6:44:34 PM   
Vic

quote:

ORIGINAL: Naselus

As far as I can tell, most logi buildings don't appear to provide their points during upgrades. I crippled my entire rail network at one point by taking my only station from level 1 to level 2.

That should not be the case. Level 1 produces while level 2 is constructed. However during completion of level 2 the prod logs of level 1 are lost. Will fix this. If actual prod is lost too please send a savegame showing this to vic@vrdesigns.net because that would mean a bug

Best vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to Naselus)
Post #: 8
RE: Supplies suddenly stop - 6/13/2020 6:48:01 PM   
Naselus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vic

quote:

That should not be the case. Level 1 produces while level 2 is constructed. However during completion of level 2 the prod logs of level 1 are lost. Will fix this. If actual prod is lost too please send a savegame showing this to vic@vrdesigns.net because that would mean a bug

Best vic

Well, how else do you explain the OP's picture? His L2 truck stop is failing to supply the neighbouring tile and even with the worker shortage it should be pushing 600 or so in each direction along the road.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 9
RE: Supplies suddenly stop - 6/13/2020 7:40:13 PM   
zgrssd

I never go past a 95% Block, as 100% blocks will jsut get in the way. And you made a maze out of them.
I as a human can not figure out how supply is supposed to flow there!

At 95%, no relevant capacity is lost, but you still instantly see there is a limit and avoid any side effects.

(in reply to Naselus)
Post #: 10
RE: Supplies suddenly stop - 6/13/2020 8:43:11 PM   
Ekaton

I don't have the old save but looks like I've found another bug:

Overall, logistics are full of weird bugs for me.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 11
RE: Supplies suddenly stop - 6/13/2020 8:44:43 PM   
Ekaton

Here's my latest save: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=04613180765916277714

(in reply to Ekaton)
Post #: 12
RE: Supplies suddenly stop - 6/13/2020 9:12:16 PM   
Naselus

I have noticed sometimes that the logi map is just wrong - I have examples of current logi showing no movement when the traffic sign page shows 300+ logi moving from one space to another.

(in reply to Ekaton)
Post #: 13
RE: Supplies suddenly stop - 6/13/2020 9:32:02 PM   
Ekaton

quote:

I have noticed sometimes that the logi map is just wrong - I have examples of current logi showing no movement when the traffic sign page shows 300+ logi moving from one space to another.

That's not the case for me. Whole fronts have collapsed because the game wouldn't deliver supplies for a few turns.

(in reply to Naselus)
Post #: 14
RE: Supplies suddenly stop - 6/13/2020 9:56:02 PM   
ZygfrydDeLowe

quote:

quote:

Best vic

Based on my observations from a couple of games it looks like the logistic buildings in fact don't produce while they're being upgraded, so hopefully you can sort it our, or confirm that we are misreading things. I can provide save files as well, but I think it's easily replicable.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 15
RE: Supplies suddenly stop - 6/13/2020 10:01:40 PM   
Naselus

quote:

ORIGINAL: ZygfrydDeLowe
Based on my observations from a couple of games it looks like the logistic buildings in fact don't produce while they're being upgraded, so hopefully you can sort it our, or confirm that we are misreading things. I can provide save files as well, but I think it's easily replicable.

I'm inclined to think the same, yet when I tried to reproduce, my truck stop DID continue to produce.

So it's possible that the issue is simply a pop-and-resource delivery issue. Or else something that has been fixed between 1.0 and 1.3.

(in reply to ZygfrydDeLowe)
Post #: 16
RE: Supplies suddenly stop - 6/13/2020 10:07:50 PM   
Ekaton

quote:

ORIGINAL: ZygfrydDeLowe

quote:

quote:

Best vic

It's not always that. Sometimes the supply route simply doesn't check all the possibilities, and only goes one route (as in the second screenshot). Or it just stops without any reason.

< Message edited by Ekaton -- 6/13/2020 10:11:51 PM >

(in reply to ZygfrydDeLowe)
Post #: 17
RE: Supplies suddenly stop - 6/14/2020 12:53:20 AM   
DTurtle

That screen you posted is the logistic points left over after moving as many points as needed/possible. If you look at the initial points and the used points, you will see that in that "missing link hex" there actually were points available, but they were all used.

(in reply to Ekaton)
Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Supplies suddenly stop Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI