There is so much happening each turn in this game and so many things to keep track off. And your secretary is really bad at his job of ensuring you, the glorious leader, gets all the information you need to rule. I find a lot of essential information is hidden and dispersed into various screens, instead of nicely collated into a neat report.
So this thread is for discussing our wishlist on better reporting. Feel free to point out if some of these are already in and I just haven't discovered them yet. Some reports I'd really like to see:
1. Resource report: I can easily see the resource flow of SHQ each turn. I can easily see the resource flow of a specific zone each turn. What's missing is the resource flow of my entire empire. I want to know for each resource:
- how much I theoretically could have produced this turn, basically the sum of unmodified asset output.
- how much I actually produced this turn, taking into account all penalties and bonuses.
- how much I could have theoretically consumed this turn, basically the sum of unmodified asset needs.
- how much I actually consumed this turn, with penalties, bonuses, logistics issues,...
- how much was sent to any SHQ, basically the info in the SHQ sidebar.
- how much is stored in zones, basically the sum of all zone storage.
- how much was simply lost due to insufficient storage.
This is the information I for example need to see if I need to plan another metal mine in zone A when I order a new factory in zone B, or whether my production is bottlenecked by insufficient logistics or simply by not having sufficient producers.
2. Asset report: Related to the above, currently we can only view all the assets in a single zone. What I want to do is find all assets in my empire, and filter them by type and production/consumption. I don't want to have to browse through mutliple tabs for each of 2 dozen zones to see where my farms are, I want a single screen where I can find all my farms, see which have issues and then simply click on them to be sent to the right zone so I can deal with those issues.
3. Combat report: Combat information is simply available in the history playback, but absent otherwise. I'd like a need little report each turn noting which specific units (not formations) were engaged in combat, how many kills they made, how many losses they sustained and some brief indication if their current situation needs my immediate attention (withdrew, destroyed, out of supply,...). My current HQ report is showing me a lot of uninteresting xp stuff, but none of the really important info and it's not nicely grouped but spread out over numerous sub-reports.
4. Leader replacement report: Right now trying to get the best leader for each job is a pretty time-consuming task of comparing all those little individual skills. I'd like to be able to select a certain specific job (governor, director of each specific council,...) and see all leaders ranked by suitability for that specific job. Basically I want the information shown on the decision to appoint a new leader for a certain function, with candidates sorted by suitability and seniority, without first having to fire the person currently occupying the job and then hoping there's a better alternative available.
5. Unit feat management report: My current game I have about 54 unit stratagem cards. Most of these are priests or other (nearly) free feats. Assigning these to my combat units is currently a lot of clickwork that could easily be streamlined. What I'd like to see is a neat little report or screen that shows all feats currently attached to each unit, and has some shortcut to quickly assign a new feat stratagem to a unit.
6. Diplomatic summary: Keep me updated on the diplomatic affairs of the world. Give me a simple one-screen report that displays what happened last turn. Who increased or decreased relations with whom, who declared war on whom or sued for peace, which empire is internally in turmoil because the ruling party lost their elections,... This not only helps me direct my own diplomatic efforts, it gets me more involved in the world by depicting my rivals as actual factions instead of just another series of hexes to be conquered.
7. Construction report: A single screen where I can see all buildings that finished construction last turn, with handly links to the asset, and all buildings currently under construction, including all the possible reasons why their construction may be delayed.
So, what do you guys think about these suggestions?
EDIT: added construction report.
< Message edited by Nemo84 -- 6/13/2020 9:59:08 PM >