Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Some thoughts on the design process

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Some thoughts on the design process Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Some thoughts on the design process - 6/13/2020 9:25:06 AM   
zgrssd

The design process is a somewhat important part and it is not doing that well right now, but some small improvemetns would already help:

Weapons and Armors:
- all weapons without listed calliber should mention their calliber equivalent in mm
- they should also all mention their attack type. What even has the physical or hollow type?
- the same should apply for personal armor, showing their armor equivalent in mm
- the armor type (metal/polymer/liquid) for personal armors, if applicable
I really should not have to go through the manual to figure that out. And the manual may go out of date quickly or bugs might crop up in those values.

General Process:
- a running total of the weight. Because how else am I going to pick a engine for the design? I do not even know of the base weight without having a design (it was pointed out that item tooltips do that. Including the item youa re pointing at. Still a running total would be better)
- a way to get back to a previous page to change a selection
- there should be a final summary screen, where you can see all those values. And give the final confirmation. Right now, the end comes to surprising after you hit armor or engine
- I think changing weapons or armor reduces how much of the field testing/initial design bonus still applies. Would be nice to mention that

< Message edited by zgrssd -- 6/24/2020 12:22:34 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Some thoughts on the design process - 6/13/2020 4:40:19 PM   
zgrssd

Some more things I forgot:
On the screen where you select wich Unit type to go over/wich specific model to modify, could we get a indicator of how much field testing/guaranteed Base Design Bonus we got on the design. I often want to evolve designs that are well tested, if I got nothing other to do.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Some thoughts on the design process Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI