Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 7/31/2003 5:09:49 AM   
Mr.Frag

No problem, I understand.

While here on the screen, highlight just the line in the note in bold by dragging your mouse over it holding down your left mouse button. Once completely highlighted, press your Control key and your C key together (That copies it into the buffer)

To paste it into the Dos window, select the dos window now then click on the top left corner to bring up the menu. You will see Edit, Paste. Just to be annoying, Microsoft did not make Control-V (Paste) work in the dos box :(

By the way, If you happen to get a message back about file not found, thats a different issue (The Install Shield directory is hidden, doing it from the dos prompt should bypass the hidden aspect, but Windows 98 ... ya never know). If this happens, I'll have you unhide the directory first (just another copy and paste)

ATTRIB -H "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information"

(if needed)

(in reply to Leonidas048)
Post #: 31
- 7/31/2003 6:27:52 AM   
Leonidas048

Thanks i think ive got it.But is this the same instruction information that i put into Dos as the previous one you gave me to do or do i do both. Hope i dont confuse you.

Post #: 32
- 7/31/2003 7:00:13 AM   
Mr.Frag

First bold first, second if it comes back and says File not Found instead of asking you to confirm the delete then repeat the first.

Post #: 33
- 7/31/2003 4:52:27 PM   
Leonidas048

Hi there again.I did what you said i pasted the information into MSDOS it appeared after Wins C:\ and left it nothing happened.But going into Regedit i did a search there and put in the exact code you gave me and it searched for a while.Then finished and nothing showed up it just told me it finished searching the registry thats all.I guess i must have messed up my computer somewhere.If you got any ideas after this let me know thanks.

Post #: 34
- 7/31/2003 8:10:56 PM   
Mr.Frag

Ok, we need to be clearer ...

there is no such thing as "nothing happened". Something always happens, you just might not consider it to be noteworthy :D

When you did the dos stuff, it either came back with:

(a) syntax error
(b) file not found
(c) bad command or filename
(d) are you sure (Y/N)

It can't come back with nothing :D

As far as the registry, I took the registry you sent me exactly and posted the exact key value:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{64C33129-B37A-4AE8-B357-004C3E420AAE}]
"UninstallString"="RunDll32 C:\\PROGRA~1\\COMMON~1\\INSTAL~1\\PROFES~1\\RUNTIME\\0701\\INTEL32\\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup \"C:\\Program Files\\InstallShield Installation Information\\{64C33129-B37A-4AE8-B357-004C3E420AAE}\\SETUP.EXE\" -l0x9 "
"DisplayName"="Uncommon Valour"
"LogFile"="C:\\Program Files\\InstallShield Installation Information\\{64C33129-B37A-4AE8-B357-004C3E420AAE}\\setup.ilg"
"ProductGuid"="{64C33129-B37A-4AE8-B357-004C3E420AAE}"
"InstallLocation"="C:\\Program Files\\Matrix Games\\Uncommon Valor"
"DisplayVersion"="1.00.000"
"Version"=dword:01000000
"MajorVersion"=dword:00000001
"MinorVersion"=dword:00000000
"LogMode"=dword:00000001

There is no way it can't find it as this is directly from your registry:

Look at the key name above:

Search for Uncommon (it will match the Displayname key).

Move your selector over the the left side (and highlight the whole [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{64C33129-B37A-4AE8-B357-004C3E420AAE}] section. Thats the one to delete.

Remember, you are my eyes, I can't see what you are doing so you have to be exact in your details ;)

Post #: 35
- 7/31/2003 8:36:09 PM   
Leonidas048

Hi there i will go through step by step what i did.
First with the MSDOS i highlighted the first coded detail you gave me then i pressed CTL-C.Then i opened up from deskstop the MSDOS from my Startup list the MSDOS box opened up i found the icon at the top that says paste i pressed that it appeared next to the opening line Win C:\ then the pasted message appeared afterwards there was no message as you describe unless i did the procedure wrong somewhere.

Next i opened up from Startup program in desktop Win Explorer then went to windows system opened it then found Regedit at the top theres Edit i pressed that it comes down and theres Find it opens up with a long box i inputed the exact details you gave me just as ive done the same with putting Uncommon.Then a box opens that says searching registry with a magnifying glass icon it searches for a while then it closes and says finished searching registry.One final thing that has come to my mind when you input the coded line you gave me does it matter if the letters are in upper or lower case because i done it in lower case i dont question what you found it just the way things are happening to me.Let me know soon thanks.

Post #: 36
- 7/31/2003 8:58:14 PM   
Mr.Frag

In the msdos box, didg you press enter after pasting it?

ie:

C:\(paste) then [enter/return] key to run.

In Regedit:

Before doing the find, click in the left column and highlight the very top entry. Click on all the (-) to collapse all branches until you only have a (+) My Computer on thge left side. Only thing I can think of is that you started searching the partial registry due to our previous efforts and were already past the key we wanted to find (the silly find only goes in one direction. You are pasting the line with just numbers to case (upper/lower) does not matter. Since you mentioned lower case ... did you use the bold line with all numbers only?

Post #: 37
- 7/31/2003 9:08:57 PM   
Leonidas048

Hi there i cant remember now if i pressed enter when i did the MSDOS setup and with the Regedit i ll try that again then i didnt do that part.Well im just having lunch then i have to go out and be back in 2 hrs thanks for your patience im sure we ll get there see you then.

Post #: 38
- 7/31/2003 9:32:49 PM   
Leonidas048

Hi i quickly had another go on the Regedit i called up all the sub listings into My Computer with + next to it and posted the code again into the Find box using this key(-) for in between the group of numbers but still nothing could be found sorry about this im finding it pretty frustrating as well i ll do the MSDOS later see you soon.

Post #: 39
- 7/31/2003 11:57:18 PM   
Leonidas048

Hi there i thought i let you know i found something of the game in the regedit in the HLocal Key section under software its in a branch of the games ive got listed under the company name just a bit different called Just Flight is it any good to delete those files i couldnt see the part about uninstalling though let me know thanks.

Post #: 40
- 8/1/2003 12:03:31 AM   
Leonidas048

Hi ive just done the MSDOS thing again and pressed enter this time it came up with a message if i wanted to delete the file Yes or No i left it at that what shall i do press yes hope to hear from you soon thanks.

Post #: 41
- 8/1/2003 3:58:12 AM   
Mr.Frag

The MSDOS part is perfect, when it asks if you want to delete confirm with a Y [Enter]

The Regedit part has me a bit more baffled.

I took your registry that you mailed me and found the key so I know it is there.

Start Regedit, collapse everything then step by step expand the branches on the left side:

Expand My Computer - hit the little (+)

You'll see various HKEY_stuff

Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

inside of it:

Expand Software

inside of it:

Expand Windows

inside of it:

Expand CurrentVersion

inside of it:

Expand Uninstall

You should now be looking at a series of strings, one of which looks exactly like this:

DXM_Runtime
ICW
IE40
DirectDrawEx
etc ...

look for the one in this section that matches this:

{64C33129-B37A-4AE8-B357-004C3E420AAE}

Highlite it with your mouse and press your DEL key. This will remove the Uncommon Valor uninstall information so you can do the proper installation.

The MSDOS stuff above coupled with this gives you back your machine good to go for UV installation

Post #: 42
- 8/1/2003 4:56:16 PM   
Leonidas048

Hi there you will be pleased to know it all worked out fine this time.I copied your latest instructions and traced the uninstall code in the Regedit and Del it.I did the MSDOS thing again and pressed Y and it came up File Not Found and i pressed enter if thats right then i done the Regedit thing.Ive installed the game again and it works fine so far.Sorry about the trouble in not finding the information using the search icon i cant understand that unless theres a problem with my Windows.So thanks for all your trouble at least i ll remember what to do next time.
So the next stage if you are still interested in helping me with my Windows setup and to find if ive damaged the setup in someway let me know if you want to carry on thanks i let you know what i might have done and what files it says might be corrupted.Well i look forward to seeing you soon thanks.

Post #: 43
- 8/1/2003 9:47:12 PM   
Mr.Frag

Happy Uv'ing ! :D

As for the rest, please mail me your config.sys and autoexec.bat files. (located C:\), don't be deleting things yet :D

PS: If you feel adventurerous, for future folks ...

Test out the Uninstall routine right now seeing as we know for sure that if it breaks again, we can get you fixed in ten minutes. :D (if not, we'll understand ;) )

Post #: 44
- 8/2/2003 3:47:59 AM   
Paul Vebber

Thanks Mr. Frag - We appreciate the help you've been here!

Above and beyond!

Post #: 45
- 8/2/2003 6:42:08 PM   
Raindog101

[QUOTE]Originally posted by wargenius
[B]Hi there thanks for all of your advise i will try your methods but i am replying to Marcs interest to know which dist of game i have its the version dist by Just Play i d tried to get in touch with them and registered on their tech support but all they did was to thank me for joining and sent me no password to log in to get support so here i am.I let you know how i get on with your help thanks. [/B][/QUOTE]

Try deleting the Windows Temp folder. Sometimes that works.

Post #: 46
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI