Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Camouflage tech and a few other odds and ends

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Camouflage tech and a few other odds and ends Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Camouflage tech and a few other odds and ends - 6/12/2020 2:43:19 PM   
Frostwave

Would love to see a tech for camouflage that when researched would add option to add camouflage to vehicles and/or uniforms with whatever inherent tech they already have for an additional price. so If I'm modifying a model there is an option to add camo to the design.Resulting in a negative modifier to someone's recon attempts on a hex if all units in the hex are making use of camouflage or maybe if there is only 50% of the units in camo then only 50% of the modifier is applied. It could also affect combat modifiers since it would be harder to spot and get a good shot on units using camo.

There could be different levels of camouflage, from just designs on clothing and paint schemes on vehicles and equipment then moving up to modern stealth technology then quantum stealth technology providing invisibility cloaks for vehicles or soldiers. https://futurism.com/the-byte/watch-invisibility-cloak-military-use

Of course my biggest want is terrestrial aircraft and naval units. More mech units, maybe some super soldiers doped up on some combat drugs or genetically enhanced or both. Of course we would then need accompanying anti- air units and technology.

More aliens and a tool for designing your own aliens, add a graphic and then add a list of abilities and modifiers, like fertility, seasonal activity, sentience etc.

More emblems to chose from and ability to choose colours for them.

More events and love to see some more personal events for the characters that could affect their performance or loyalty. Perhaps a leader gets a disease and needs to seek treatment making them see hospital tech in a new light and they would probably want to reset their priorities.

Implementation of Matrix/Slitherine PBEM system. I believe this would help with sales and kickstart the multiplayer community. First it would be good for users privacy, locating people to play against and ease of use especially for newcomers who may find manually sending save game files confusing or too much of a hassle. I'm a combat mission veteran so I'm used to sending save game files but younger gamers or those just getting into it may find it a deterrent from getting into a mp game.

Eventually space fairing vessels would be cool as well but I imagine that would be reserved for a later huge dlc.

< Message edited by Frostwave -- 6/12/2020 3:19:46 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Camouflage tech and a few other odds and ends - 6/12/2020 5:23:55 PM   
Clux

I really like this idea, but we would also need NV, thermal and radar equipment, like if it were an arms race for countermeasures.

Like:

Military cammo: +50% unit concealment (its harder to get recon about them), +50% HP for hits checks (since it would be harder to spot and hit them) when defending & 25% when attacking, and +25% defense (for soft and hard attacks)
NV: Lets make you night attacks, if enemy doesnt have NV or Thermal equipment they suffer -50% attack.
Thermal: -50% enemy unit concealment (its easier to get recon about them) and +25% attack and defense values (since it would be very easy to spot them and hit them)
Radar: +25/50/75% recon (can only be applied to buggies or light tanks) and +25% defense values (since the unit would know then the enemy is preparing to attack)

(in reply to Frostwave)
Post #: 2
RE: Camouflage tech and a few other odds and ends - 6/12/2020 6:28:36 PM   
Frostwave

I agree, that's the thing with adding in one item is you then need the counter measures against them next. I was talking about how much I wanted aircraft and then I'm like well wait we are going to also need anti-air then as well, plus the database would have to see changes with other units that could carry anti-air devices.

(in reply to Clux)
Post #: 3
RE: Camouflage tech and a few other odds and ends - 6/12/2020 10:28:14 PM   
zgrssd

I would like it if we could start by giving different units different "detectability". Or maybe "hideabiltiy"?
I propably see teh column of 10 tanks before I see the column of 100 soldiers.
And it is way easier to see that this is a different unit then the one I saw before on vehciles, then on humans.

The ability to hide, might be best tied to the ability to entrench.

(in reply to Frostwave)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Camouflage tech and a few other odds and ends Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI