Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

will asynchron multiplayer in the clinet (without sending the save file manuelly)...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> will asynchron multiplayer in the clinet (without sending the save file manuelly)... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
will asynchron multiplayer in the clinet (without sendi... - 6/11/2020 10:31:31 PM   
VoodooDog

... be a thing eventually?
Post #: 1
RE: will asynchron multiplayer in the clinet (without s... - 6/12/2020 8:35:35 AM   
VoodooDog

so i guess this means no or did i phrase the question in a way it is not understandable? (not a native english speaker)

(in reply to VoodooDog)
Post #: 2
RE: will asynchron multiplayer in the clinet (without s... - 6/12/2020 9:35:55 AM   
Saros

Vic (the developer) has previously said it is something he would like to implement but there are a lot more pressing things to do first.

(in reply to VoodooDog)
Post #: 3
RE: will asynchron multiplayer in the clinet (without s... - 6/12/2020 9:48:53 AM   
zgrssd

I guess the question is: "Will there be a multiplayer option other then PBEM (Play By E-Mail)?"

To wich I can only say:
I got no idea. The dev team is rather small and another Multiplayer mode is a lot of work.

(in reply to VoodooDog)
Post #: 4
RE: will asynchron multiplayer in the clinet (without s... - 6/12/2020 12:11:55 PM   
VoodooDog

yes it was, thanks guys. appreciate the intel. so there is at least some hopes. because even my most hardcore friends most likely wont touch this no matter how good it is if they have to send me the save file each turn.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 5
RE: will asynchron multiplayer in the clinet (without s... - 6/12/2020 12:55:12 PM   
Saros

I'd suggest using a discord channel because you can just drop it in there and @ the player. It's really no hassle at all.

(in reply to VoodooDog)
Post #: 6
RE: will asynchron multiplayer in the clinet (without s... - 6/12/2020 5:39:48 PM   
eddieballgame

The one plus for just using one's own email system (or some other means to transfer a file such as Team Viewer)
is you are not dependent on other clients. (which do have issues, sometimes)
So, it is not all bad.

(in reply to Saros)
Post #: 7
RE: will asynchron multiplayer in the clinet (without s... - 6/12/2020 6:30:13 PM   
DeltaV112

The best solution to an issue like this is probably a shared drive/folder. That way one player can save the game and then the next can immediately load it.

(in reply to eddieballgame)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> will asynchron multiplayer in the clinet (without sending the save file manuelly)... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI