Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[Resolved] HighExplosives No Sound No WpnDamageInfo

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Resolved] HighExplosives No Sound No WpnDamageInfo Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[Resolved] HighExplosives No Sound No WpnDamageInfo - 6/9/2020 9:33:04 PM   
KnightHawk75

So this is two for one special, or maybe three for one.

Scenario to show that high-explosives, high-explosives c-4, and suicide bombs do not do the following even though they appear to otherwise function:

a) Do not generate a explosion\impact noise, but does show it graphically. Either this is intentional or simply has been overlooked because I'm guessing c4\he\suicide bombs aren't used much. Anyway I was expecting a sound.

b) Do not register as having happened in the weapons damage\logic entries for side Red as most other munitions do, but the player has no idea they failed, or didn't fail, and just did 0 damage. Damage, when done, is registered on the Blue side when watching from blue side, though even watching from that side it's hard to tell if it was a dud or just no damage was done. Was expecting a notification of detonation, dud, or missed - though not sure how c4\he misses.

c) With a pok of 99% and range of 8nm I would expect when placed < 2nm from the target the number of successful hits to be high, yet in this sample if you load it a second time and move 'Biff' to the 'biff-pt2' (putting him closer to all the 12 main targets and run it, less units get hit than the original (when most are farther away).
I don't understand what's going on there.

Repo: Play Red in attached scenario. The various Red units have various explosives on them. On startup "Biff" is set to attack all 15 targets with 1 C4 weapon (99.5% same thing happens if you swap it for plain HE only difference is the 20dp vs30dp). Run scenario for 2min. He will damage\ destroy 12 units, idk if randomization is system based, but it's consistently the same 12 units in exactly the same amounts on my system so you should see the same. You will notice no sound, and no weapon logic\damage data such as you will get from a javelin or guns or most other munitions. Reload the scenario a second time. Move "Biff" to the biff-pt2 ref. point. Run it for ~2min. He will only damage 5 units even though he's even closer. That's a strange result if proximity is a factor as it appears to be judging by "East Gate" never getting hit unless one moves biff much closer to it.

After that, on either load up move "Biff" very close to any remaining unit and manually allocate a suicide bomb, either 4kg or 150kg, he'll blow himself up damaging or destroying a unit, and demonstrating there is no explosion sound or weapon reporting for the contactbomb_suicide as well as contactbomb_saboteur.

More odd results relating to item C:
Additionally after either load, move over to to Hawaii, manually allocate Peter Venkman to use c4 or h-e on either or both of the two targets, throw 4-5 weapons at each one from his starting position less than a mile out. No hits, no damage at all is the result I get. Move him to "Peter Pt2" ref point, now repeat 4-5 toward each. All or most hit both targets. ? Why the huge difference, is half a mile that big of difference between 100% miss\dud or not? Cause it isn't back at Groom Lake, in that case closer is actually seems worse sometimes. It's a confusing set of results especially with no weapon logic to help see why. Can't seem to figure out a consistent rhyme\reason for the misses or duds, maybe someone can help put fresh eyes on it and spot what's going on here or maybe something is off when it comes to these weapons.

Thanks.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Steve McClaire -- 7/15/2020 9:03:23 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: [Logged] HighExplosives No Sound No WpnDamageInfo - 6/12/2020 2:38:59 AM   
Rory Noonan

Logged for investigation.

(in reply to KnightHawk75)
Post #: 2
RE: [Logged] HighExplosives No Sound No WpnDamageInfo - 7/15/2020 9:02:23 PM   
Steve McClaire

In for next update:

Added explosion sounds for contact bombs.
Added malfunction check for contact bombs.
Added detonation message for contact bombs.
Fixed bug where contact bomb explosions were set at firing unit altitude rather than target altitude, which could cause the bomb to detonate underground and cause no damage.

(in reply to KnightHawk75)
Post #: 3
RE: [Logged] HighExplosives No Sound No WpnDamageInfo - 7/16/2020 12:31:32 AM   
KnightHawk75

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve McClaire

In for next update:

Added explosion sounds for contact bombs.
Added malfunction check for contact bombs.
Added detonation message for contact bombs.
Fixed bug where contact bomb explosions were set at firing unit altitude rather than target altitude, which could cause the bomb to detonate underground and cause no damage.

Thanks Steve!

(in reply to Steve McClaire)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Resolved] HighExplosives No Sound No WpnDamageInfo Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI