Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What is best way to deal with Theft?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> What is best way to deal with Theft? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What is best way to deal with Theft? - 6/9/2020 10:45:30 AM   
Daza99

I have 3 leaders who are stealing from me (between them its 86 credits- i presume per turn?)

One option is to fire them but i do not have any replacements. They are high in egoism (which i have an egoism epoch going on currently and perhaps is the reason for it?)

What other options do i have? maybe there is a stratagem card i could play but I haven't seen anything that i think could help, yet.
Post #: 1
RE: What is best way to deal with Theft? - 6/9/2020 11:13:28 AM   
Kamelpov

Recruit junior later (by increasing HR budget) Internal security crackdown on corruption or the mindcheck tool that you use at the rear of their ear for -5 corruption per turn.

(in reply to Daza99)
Post #: 2
RE: What is best way to deal with Theft? - 6/9/2020 12:05:08 PM   
Saros

Investigate leader which I think is found in the internal security section. Alternatively assign advisors with a high investigate skill or there is a fate card called ear lock which reduces corruption by 5 per turn.

(in reply to Kamelpov)
Post #: 3
RE: What is best way to deal with Theft? - 6/9/2020 7:40:39 PM   
Daza99

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kamelpov

Recruit junior later (by increasing HR budget) Internal security crackdown on corruption or the mindcheck tool that you use at the rear of their ear for -5 corruption per turn.

HR? I am slowing learning all the abbreviations in the game but some escape me.

(in reply to Kamelpov)
Post #: 4
RE: What is best way to deal with Theft? - 6/9/2020 8:40:11 PM   
devoncop

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daza99

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kamelpov

HR? I am slowing learning all the abbreviations in the game but some escape me.

HR = Human Resources

One of the budget allocation choices in either the Interior Council or Staff Council I forget which.

"I do not agree with what you say, but I shall defend to the death your right to say it"

(in reply to Daza99)
Post #: 5
RE: What is best way to deal with Theft? - 6/9/2020 10:05:39 PM   
Cornuthaum

the problem with the HR stratagem is that the difficulties are in the 150 to 160 range when your covert action guy almost certainly only has plus 15 to their mod... completely worthless, basically, like so many stratagems that rely on skills your leaders don't have and don't naturally train

(in reply to devoncop)
Post #: 6
RE: What is best way to deal with Theft? - 7/28/2020 4:23:07 AM   
Daza99

Will a leader or advisor who has been stealing be able to keep stealing if they are demoted to the Reserve pool? i would think they shouldn't as they wouldn't have access anymore to where they formally worked etc. Effectively made redundant.

(in reply to Cornuthaum)
Post #: 7
RE: What is best way to deal with Theft? - 7/28/2020 10:43:20 PM   
ch53A/Dvet_slith

Check your stratagem cards, there is a card you can play against your, sticky, fingered, leaders to try and recoup the funds they have stolen. It's not that rare of a card, I frequently get them in all my games.

(in reply to Daza99)
Post #: 8
RE: What is best way to deal with Theft? - 7/28/2020 11:01:52 PM   
Daza99

quote:

ORIGINAL: ch53A/Dvet_slith

Check your stratagem cards, there is a card you can play against your, sticky, fingered, leaders to try and recoup the funds they have stolen. It's not that rare of a card, I frequently get them in all my games.

Do you mean the 'Ear Lock' card? Yeah i just got that last night, however cannot recover any stolen funds but at least it will reduce corruption every turn by 5 points (not sure how long this lasts?) there is another investigate leader stratagem too, which i think will recover some of the stolen money but you need a decent roll modifier to pull it off.

But I am wondering when you don't have Ear lock or unable to succeed in the Investigate Leader Stratagem can demoting them to the reserve pool stop them stealing more money? this one advisor took 900cr, although that figure might be the total over the 60 turns?

(in reply to ch53A/Dvet_slith)
Post #: 9
RE: What is best way to deal with Theft? - 7/28/2020 11:56:50 PM   
ch53A/Dvet_slith

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daza99

quote:

ORIGINAL: ch53A/Dvet_slith

Do you mean the 'Ear Lock' card? Yeah i just got that last night, however cannot recover any stolen funds but at least it will reduce corruption every turn by 5 points (not sure how long this lasts?) there is another investigate leader stratagem too, which i think will recover some of the stolen money but you need a decent roll modifier to pull it off.

But I am wondering when you don't have Ear lock or unable to succeed in the Investigate Leader Stratagem can demoting them to the reserve pool stop them stealing more money? this one advisor took 900cr, although that figure might be the total over the 60 turns?

Nope not the "Ear Lock" this one is called "Investigate Leader" - "Try to recoup as much stolen credits from a corrupt leader as possible" "Difficulty to Investigate is 80 + Authority of target". I don't know if demoting them to the reserve pool stops the corruption, my guess is that it should stop since he/she no longer has access to the "Widows and Orphans cash-box locked away in the office holders desk.

(in reply to Daza99)
Post #: 10
RE: What is best way to deal with Theft? - 7/29/2020 1:14:22 AM   
Lovenought

If you fire leaders with high corruption, they will be unable to perform theft. You can recover the funds using Investigate Leader strategem, as noted. The amount in "theft" is how many funds they have right now. It's their bank account I think, basically. Not how much they stole this turn. Also note that leaders can stop being corrupt if they become happier and loyal again.

And now something I want to know: Does the amount of money they've stolen influences how many troops they spawn if they rebel? Has anyone observed that?

(in reply to ch53A/Dvet_slith)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> What is best way to deal with Theft? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI