Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Naval units marked sentry do not drop a box

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Naval units marked sentry do not drop a box Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Naval units marked sentry do not drop a box - 6/8/2020 7:23:35 PM   
JJeffreyDonahue

Has anyone else noticed that if you mark units at sea sentry, not only are they not selectable during the stay at sea phase, they don't drop a box or return to base (unless they are in the zero box, neutral or are loaded TRS)? The Commonwealth can leave its fleet on patrol forever and not spend any oil. I think this is a rather serious bug.
Post #: 1
RE: Naval units marked sentry do not drop a box - 6/9/2020 1:56:50 PM   
Centuur

quote:

ORIGINAL: JJeffreyDonahue

Has anyone else noticed that if you mark units at sea sentry, not only are they not selectable during the stay at sea phase, they don't drop a box or return to base (unless they are in the zero box, neutral or are loaded TRS)? The Commonwealth can leave its fleet on patrol forever and not spend any oil. I think this is a rather serious bug.

Can you post a gamesave. I can't recreate this one...

Peter

(in reply to JJeffreyDonahue)
Post #: 2
RE: Naval units marked sentry do not drop a box - 6/9/2020 9:16:29 PM   
JJeffreyDonahue

I will have to see if I can find something, or recreate it. Once I found that the game was doing this I quit marking units at sea as sentry except for convoy points.

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 3
RE: Naval units marked sentry do not drop a box - 6/10/2020 10:04:16 AM   
JJeffreyDonahue

I looked around and don't have any current saved files that feature the bug. The saved files I tried are working correctly. The bug happened on the first game I started playing after buying the game and downloading the latest update, which was about a month ago. When I caught the bug I fixed it by simply not marking anything at sea as sentry except convoy points. Therefore the last game and the current game never featured the bug because I never had sentry units at sea except for convoys. It might have been related to the optional rules I selected for the first game, which are somewhat different than what I have used since. I don't think I was using Limited Overseas Supply during the first game but have used it since then. I know this isn't much help but I don't have any saved files from the first game that had the bug and I can't recreate it with the current game or the last game.

(in reply to JJeffreyDonahue)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Naval units marked sentry do not drop a box Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI