Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What are "LIS Points"?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> What are "LIS Points"? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What are "LIS Points"? - 6/8/2020 3:00:58 AM   
magogian

When I build a building, sometime I don't have enough "LIS Points" and that means the constructed building works at a lower output. What are LIS Points and how do I fix this problem?
Post #: 1
RE: What are "LIS Points"? - 6/8/2020 3:20:11 AM   
Jdane

This is starting to become a classic.

It's just another name for logistic points. Logistic points are provided either by truck points or rail points (although I lack experience with rail and suspect those behave differently because of the need to have a rail head to make full use of their potential).

If you turn on the Initial Points map filter in the right bar, you'll see them on the map. Because SHQ sending items to Assets is the first phase of logistics, that's what you're interested in.

You need 100 logistical points (or truck or LIS whatever the name) per level of asset for the asset to run at full efficiency.

Not enough logistical points? Nationalize the truck company in the zone's city, or build a supply depot midway, or even another truck station, or upgrade the truck station you already have. In some cases you can redirect the traffic using the traffic signs tool (right-click on a selected hex to bring up the menu where it's found) but it's often more of a finesse thing (although it can save your bacon in some cases).

(in reply to magogian)
Post #: 2
RE: What are "LIS Points"? - 6/8/2020 3:51:20 AM   
Justus2

Also, make sure that if you previously did use traffic signals to block supply, you turn them back on before building in that area. I realized when a mine I was building wasn't progressing, that I had blocked 90% on a signal since it was a backwater area, and not enough LIS were getting through for the building to progress.

Playing/Learning Shadow Empire

(in reply to Jdane)
Post #: 3
RE: What are "LIS Points"? - 6/8/2020 6:40:09 AM   
jwarrenw13

Perhaps should have been called LOG points, though LIS can be an acronym for Logistics Information System or Logistics and Inventory System. And LGX is sometimes used for logistics.

(in reply to Justus2)
Post #: 4
RE: What are "LIS Points"? - 6/8/2020 10:32:49 AM   
GodwinW

A log is short for logarithm or a tree trunk though. I kinda like it. Only thing is just that it needed to be in the manual and somewhere in the help section ingame.

(in reply to jwarrenw13)
Post #: 5
RE: What are "LIS Points"? - 6/8/2020 5:52:53 PM   
siRkid

OP Thanks for asking. I had the same question. If this is coming up a lot, it must be a problem.

Former War in the Pacific Test Team Manager and Beta Tester for War in the East.

(in reply to GodwinW)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> What are "LIS Points"? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI