Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

USSR more aggressive?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> USSR more aggressive? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
USSR more aggressive? - 6/7/2020 6:35:53 PM   
Centuriosa

Hi all,

Is there any way to play as USSR more aggressive in the early war years? I just tried to invade the Reich before they start Barbarossa, but that did not work. The USSR is strictly neutral and I can nothing do against it. Do I have to wait until Germany declares war on Russia?

Cheers!
Post #: 1
RE: USSR more aggressive? - 6/7/2020 6:56:23 PM   
Bo Rearguard

I'm fairly sure that just like the United States you are at the mercy of the mobilization rate and outside events as the Soviet Union. That may be for the best as the USSR starts out with a rather minuscule army for its size, a paltry income in MPPs and is behind on some critical techs and upgrades. You also start 1939 with only one half strength HQ which will make a comprehensive counter invasion of Poland/Germany difficult. In addition, you have virtually no air force at start and your one tank unit is on the Chinese/Mongolian border. Units take time to build in this game and are not cheap. You might be able to put the Germans into an awkward two front war in 1940 for a short while, but once he finishes up in the West you might find yourself in an badly exposed position. Better to use your breathing space to build up while you have it. Stalin had good reasons for making the deal he did with Hitler.

< Message edited by Bo Rearguard -- 6/7/2020 7:31:52 PM >

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist ...." Union General John Sedgwick, 1864

(in reply to Centuriosa)
Post #: 2
RE: USSR more aggressive? - 6/7/2020 8:49:15 PM   
Marcinos1985

You don't have to wait for German DoW, but your mobilization must reach 100% - then you will be able to declare wars yourself. But you (very) rarely get there before Barbarossa, unless your oponent helps you somewhat.

(in reply to Centuriosa)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> USSR more aggressive? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI