Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Formation Postures

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Formation Postures Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Formation Postures - 6/6/2020 1:35:54 AM   
Jdane

Those Postures can be really nice. I was besieging an enemy's capital for months but on every attack I attempted, the defender stood firm at a great cost for my troops, until I used the Attack at All Costs one (or something along those lines, I can't remember the exact name right now) on my OHQs which made a very significant difference by boosting the attack power of my units by 75% if I recall correctly, and thus the city was taken.

Understandably, the advantages Postures offer are balanced by disadvantages. Offensive ones make your units behave more poorly on the defense, and vice versa. Fine by me.

But it seems once a Posture is assumed by an OHQ, it stays the same indefinitely, until a different Posture is played on the OHQ, am I correct?

Is there a Stratagem allowing to go back to the balanced default Posture? If not, I think it could be desirable.

< Message edited by Jdane -- 6/6/2020 1:36:46 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Formation Postures - 6/6/2020 1:54:08 AM   
MC456

Hey Jdane, if you select the unit and click on "Unit Admin" in the Orders Bar (right sidebar) there should be an icon to remove the posture.

(in reply to Jdane)
Post #: 2
RE: Formation Postures - 6/6/2020 1:57:46 AM   
Jdane

Indeed, this option exists in the Unit Admin of the OHQ. That's really good.
Thank you kindly, MC456!

< Message edited by Jdane -- 6/6/2020 1:58:33 AM >

(in reply to MC456)
Post #: 3
RE: Formation Postures - 6/6/2020 3:30:48 AM   
KingHalford

I think this is one area of the UI that could do with a change: it's easy to do once you know how but perhaps a button to "REMOVE POSTURE" in the bottom toolbar might be a bit easier to get at.

Ben "BATTLEMODE"
eXplorminate.co

(in reply to Jdane)
Post #: 4
RE: Formation Postures - 6/6/2020 5:27:43 PM   
jpwrunyan

quote:

ORIGINAL: MC456

Hey Jdane, if you select the unit and click on "Unit Admin" in the Orders Bar (right sidebar) there should be an icon to remove the posture.

I would not have in a billion years figured this out. Abiogenesis on a barren moon has a higher probability of happening than me discovering this on my own.

Thank you!

(in reply to MC456)
Post #: 5
RE: Formation Postures - 6/6/2020 6:38:40 PM   
Saros

Yeah I agree there needs to be a remove posture button on the main screen when you select an ohq.

(in reply to jpwrunyan)
Post #: 6
RE: Formation Postures - 6/7/2020 10:31:37 AM   
Tester28

I was disappointed to find out the postures are only one-use things. It's not like a mode you can enable on a given unit when you want to. And it's also not like you "teach" the posture to the OHQ when you use it on them. That was disappointing.

(in reply to Saros)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Formation Postures Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI