Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Is there a fast way to inspect a hex?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Is there a fast way to inspect a hex? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Is there a fast way to inspect a hex? - 6/5/2020 6:49:45 PM   
LarryP

First off, Vic really made a masterpiece with this game. What a TON of work! I really am amazed at all the tooltips, reports, and information.

I wish right clicking a hex would show what resources are there, and if and what's being built on it. After setting up a construction on a hex, there is a yellow triangle, but I don't always remember what I constructed. Is there a fast way to tell without going into several menus?

Also, the right click menus for a hex has the option Inspect. Clicking that does nothing. What am I missing?
Post #: 1
RE: Is there a fast way to inspect a hex? - 6/5/2020 6:56:15 PM   
Clux

Yes, on the lower right corner you have a button than allows you to see what assets are on that hex, what kind of resource, its difficult to mine and amount.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 2
RE: Is there a fast way to inspect a hex? - 6/5/2020 6:58:41 PM   
kafka

quote:

ORIGINAL: LarryP

Also, the right click menus for a hex has the option Inspect. Clicking that does nothing. What am I missing?

as far as I understand it, that function is mainly there to avoid executing a move order by accident, so you can safely "inspect" any hex on the map

< Message edited by kafka -- 6/5/2020 6:59:12 PM >

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 3
RE: Is there a fast way to inspect a hex? - 6/5/2020 7:30:16 PM   
pauls2271

quote:

ORIGINAL: LarryP

I wish right clicking a hex would show what resources are there, and if and what's being built on it. After setting up a construction on a hex, there is a yellow triangle, but I don't always remember what I constructed. Is there a fast way to tell without going into several menus?

Yes, this confused me also.

Left click on a hex. Over to the right under the Terrain type are 5 buttons. Make sure the top button (which shows a single hex) is toggled. Now under the ASSETS tab, you will see what Assets and features are in that hex.

The multi-hex button is toggled by default and this shows all assets in the zone. Until I found this, I was also frustrated that when I clicked on a Hex, it did not show me what I was clicking on.

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 4
RE: Is there a fast way to inspect a hex? - 6/6/2020 12:38:59 AM   
LarryP

Thank you for all the help! I got it down now. It's more clicking than I prefer but at least it's there. I have resorted to reading some of the manual too which helps a lot. Great game, great manual. Vic must have spent a lot of sleepless nights programming.

(in reply to pauls2271)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Is there a fast way to inspect a hex? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI